griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panzer cap came in the mail NO GOOD!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chainsawrich View Post
    Dont now if this will help or not but here is a Lago-Berlin
    Of course it helps, these are the original markings from where part of the repros have been copied from (IMO).

Comment

Kelly,
      I strongly advise you against sending the cap directly back to Germany. Instead transship it through another EU country such as the UK or Belgium, so there will be no German customs inspection. Though it's legal in Germany to collect original pieces of history, customs will automatically pass on anything with TR symbols to the State Prosecutor's Office for authentication, which will hold things up for almost a year even in the lucky event that they declare it original. If the appointed authenticator rules against it, which might happen in this case, it will be incinerated. Even within Germany there may be variances in how strict and quick, but at least the above is true of my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
        Kelly,
        Though it's legal in Germany to collect original pieces of history, customs will automatically pass on anything with TR symbols to the State Prosecutor's Office for authentication, which will hold things up for almost a year even in the lucky event that they declare it original. If the appointed authenticator rules against it, which might happen in this case, it will be incinerated. Even within Germany there may be variances in how strict and quick, but at least the above is true of my area.
        This is the worst case, if you send it insured and correctly declared. If you are lucky, you get absolutely no problems at the custom office. In most of the cases its something beween. I did it once and the piece went to the police - after 3 days I got it finally. But there is a certain risk for the reciever because if the authentification declared it as a copy, not only the hat is gone but the reciever will get heavy trouble because ยง86 StGb.

Comment

You guys are the best!!! Thanks for the tips on shipping and opinions on cap. . This must be payback for the many WAF members I helped with problems lol.

The seller is watching this thread and might consider some of your guys ideas.

What a big mess regarding the return to Germany lol. I guess seller was so confident I would like it. Oops.. Not! I guess he didn't read some of my past posts and threads lol. I run everything through the WAF expert gauntlet .

However my fault this time, I was too quick to buy, as seller said 2 other WAF members wanted it. Also seller was told all good from his experts [not WAF peeps]. I have 3-1-0- record with e-stand now lol. But still will give this guy full marks for making it right.

I am currently working with the seller on best way for return.
          Last edited by Kelly w; 03-05-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Well it's mailed back today. I won't go into details or describe about what method we used right now.

It has tracking on it. And seller agreed to be responsible for any problems and that I'll get my full purchase price back no matter what.

This seller is way cool. And is sorry for not describing entire cap properly. He swears he never noticed the prongless grommet. He has good eBay record and has good reputation in the TR field in Germany. He has also written some articles for the collecting field.

I will update when further news.

Thanks again all for your opinions.
            Last edited by Kelly w; 03-06-2010, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Just an update folks. The cap was returned to Germany by way of a USA APO address to a friend of the seller. Cap arrived Monday without any problems.

Seller just today refunded me entire amount of purchase price including shipping fees + he paid for return post with tracking to NY USA.

This seller is amazing all around. He completely honored the refund as per E-stand rules. Some other sellers would not have refunded shipping as that is not a E-stand rule, but it is morally the correct thing to do.

So this seller other then some slight disappointment over the suspect cap for me came out in the end in flying colors.

Thank you member Collani [Wolfgang].

Kelly

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X