U-boat senior NCO visor U 516

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat senior NCO visor U 516

Today I would like to show you one of my favourite Kriegsmarine Visors.

I get this cap from an former watch officer and crew member of U-178 and U-516. It was an board upgrade senior NCO to officer-visor cap.<O</O
    His old well worn senior NCO visor cap was 1945 on board of U 516 from a maschinist upgraded to a officer cap with a piece of brass!
    He worn this cap without the eagle in the british POW camp 191 in Crew-Hall/Crewe Sheshire. Later in the camp 200 Lianover Park, the camp 184 Lianmartin and camp 18 Featherstone-park. He came home at the 16. May 1948. A original worn Kriegsmarine visor with history!

<O</O
    Attached Files

photo 2
    Attached Files

Comment

photo 3
      Attached Files

Comment

photo 4
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a spectacular piece of history. Thanx for showing. Jacques

Comment

I normally have no problems restoring an eagle on a "denazified" visor cap and usually don't understand those collectors who will leave a piece of headgear "denazified". With this particular cap, however, it's very different. If you know that it was last worn like this by the first owner (sort of in the period), I wouldn't touch a thing (not that I thought you would collani, just expressing my admiration).

Do you happen to have some photos of the individual it first belonged to? Seems like you also knew this gentleman personally...

Kurt

Comment

Incredible cap, thanks to share.

Regards
              Ben

Comment

Wow...spectacular visor, what a prize! Thanks for sharing it with us. Congratulations.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X