Panzer Side Cap For Comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hcliffe View Post
    Thanks for the detailed explanation Chris!
    Your welcome HC

and I hope Steve.P. lets us know if he got this one or not. I made the mistake of not getting a signal (lemon yellow) example several years ago because I wanted a Panzer (rosa pink) one. Now I have several very nice pink soutached examples but no lemon yellow one by LAGO and I kick myself.

The Lago-Berlin signal example had a dark green backed eagle and a dark green backed cockade. Had a couple of nice vet brought back signal examples but very few rosa ones back then. Now however, I am finding signal examples hard to find.

Best regards, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
      "Lago-Berlin" caps...The following combinations are possible;

Chris
      The KM blue cockade has been omitted.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post

B. N. Singer
        agree and very hard to tell sometimes with out natural lighting or if there is no backing material peeking out from behind the insignia
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Bryon, are you saying that the KM blue cockade has been found on these caps and is acceptable as wartime applied?
          HC

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post

B. N. Singer
            Thanks for adding this to the list. I have never had or seen a "Lago-Berlin" example with that but in the early 1970's a friend of mine got his first veteran black Panzer M40 sidecap and it had an eagle which was white on black backround and a cockade on navy blue backround.

Sadly he thought that the vet must have put the cockade back on the cap and changed it for a black backround example. We now know however that the companies making these Panzer sidecaps in 1940/ 41 were short of white on black insignia so they used what they had on hand which tended to be the white on darkgreen examples if they could not get examples on black backround.

Sadly I can not remember who the maker of the one with a navy cockade was that I saw in the 1970's and the cap was sold at auction in the early 1980's after he got married. I know it was not a LAGO marked example however.

Best regards, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by hcliffe View Post
              Bryon, are you saying that the KM blue cockade has been found on these caps and is acceptable as wartime applied?
              Affirmative sir.
              B. N. Singer

Comment

Confirmed and you can add the flatwaire cockade in blue either KM or Teno... Billbert

Comment

Here's one of it's mates.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Richard...A recent purchase from The Collectors Guild?

Glenn
                          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                            Very nice Richard...A recent purchase from The Collectors Guild?

Glenn
                            That was mine

Comment

Glenn,

No...it was mine and I traded it. I assume the person I traded it to put it on C.G. I picked it up when it was a lot cheaper.

Richard

Comment

Guys, Thanks for all the excellent information in this thread, to a badge collector this is all great to hear to build my knowledge in this area!
                                Cheers, Steve
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------
                                "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X