combat worn m-42/43 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

combat worn m-42/43 cap

nice salty untouched m-42/43 conversion cap trap insignia is factory machine sewn and has pulled apart from use you can see the bobin thread so its not hand applied , markings on the liner a barely visible in natural light the visor is crumbled up from hard use and weathered imo they upgraded these caps in the field and used what ever material they could find to make the visor and some of the stuff they used held up pretty good but certainlly not this one but still a nice untouched piece with the added visor made from italian wool scraps
    Attached Files
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Nice one Lenny. I like the contrast in wool.

Comment

Attached Files
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

sever error will continue with pic uplaod in the am

Comment

Nice Lenny, where did you get this one?
          -Lee

Comment

Hi Lenny...nice. It appears to have had a trap originally applied. I have seen several original M-42's with traps that look original to them. I have also heard (or read) that some say an M-42 can't have a trap insignia. What is your opinion? Thanks for sharing...can't wait to see the rest.

Richard

Comment

hello,

nice original upgraded sidecap.
              i'm not completly convinced that trap insignia was factory applied during construction of this sidecap,
              but later when it was (period machine sewn not throught the liner i mean) modified by puting a visor : extra pics to check this point would help, but logicaly liner was certainly opened for this operation.
              on another side, Lenny has it in hands and knows better than us,
              but i think in this particular case, trap apliation is too low (cockade almost completly hiden by flaps), an "error" that would not have been made in factory.

unmodified M42 (without visor) with factory applied trap insignias are very rare IMHO, as most of them had classical 2 pieces cockade/eagle or "T" insignias.
              in fact, i never had one in hands myself.
              but for this point raised by Richard, i would not say they can't be made that way : never say never...

anyway, a cap i would love to own.

derka

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                I have also heard (or read) that some say an M-42 can't have a trap insignia.

Richard

I know of a few in collections with trapazoid insignia,insignia is original to the one posted.

Nice hat!!

Glenn
                Attached Files
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

liner
                        Attached Files

Comment

insignias is factory applied see the liner pics the second row of stiching that holds the bias material in place has not been messed with and imposible to machine sew any insignia on a cap w/out opening that paticular stich and yes very rare with this type of insignia

Comment

thanks for those pics Lenny.
                            you are right about the second row of stiching of the lining :
                            factory seewn trap.

a rare bird indeed.

derka

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                              I know of a few in collections with trapazoid insignia,insignia is original to the one posted.

Nice hat!!

Glenn
                              one killer looking period pic Glenn thanks for adding it to the thread an excellent contribution

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X