Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a change ... a hat

Gentlemen,

Just to make sure this isn't just a helmet forum, I have attached a photo of the best Luftwaffe officer's visor that I have. This hat, which still was residing in its cardboard box with tissue when I got it, came from the family of Leo Mai who was in the Luftwaffe Engineer Korps. I have several of his items including the most mint dagger I have ever seen. Apparently the family preserved this stuff rather well as everything is in identical, mint condition.

Enjoy the photo.

Mike Heuer
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Another view ...

Since I am not clear as to how to post multiple images in the same message using our new system, I will add photos here as additional replies to my first message.

Another view of the hat.

Mike Heuer
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Another

Another view ...

Mike Heuer
      Attached Files

Comment

A tag inside

Here is an interesting tag that I found in this Clemens & Wagner hat which I didn't find for a few years after I first bought it, as I didn't touch the tissue inside the hat. After slightly removing the tissue, this tag was found and basically it says that the hat is not weatherproof and the stiffener should be kept inside. Another C&W hat I have also has this --- a Luftwaffe General's which I will post separately sometime.

Incidentally, while I know the headgear collectors love the EREL's, I have found that these C&W hats are of exceptional quality. This particular one, of course, was sold by the Luftwaffe clothing department in Berlin as it is so marked.

Mike Heuer
        Attached Files

Comment

WONDERFUL!

Comment

Very nice! I know it's going to be hard to believe but I pulled an Luftwaffe officers visor out of the woodwork here in Greensboro, N.C. in the same condition as the one you have. It was by EREL though. It stil had the label on the box where the vet mailed it home to his daddy in Atlanta. I purchased it (from the vet) about 4 years ago or so. I know it made the visor guys hot...
            Nice to see there's another one out there..

Comment

Mike:

Awesome hat and a great find! Unless my German is slipping more than I thought, though, the tag actually says the opposite. It says that the wearer should remove the stiffener before wearing and that the form (shape) of the hat is weatherproof.

Drew

Comment

Drew´s translation is right on spot!

Cheers, Frank H.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Ooops ...

Thanks, guys.

I slipped when I wrote the description of the tag and got it mixed up. Thanks for the interpretation. I love the great information we get here.

Mike

Comment

Mike

That's a great looking visor,

Laurens

Comment

Ha Ha I'm not the only one....

I see I'm not the only one who thought of using the glass heads from Pier One to display headgear. Every time I go there I think would this look OK or not. Great looking cap too!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X