• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard Gordon View Post
    My guess would be yes.

He also has a fake Knights Cross, that is "original"

Comment

A cursory Google search would have turned up our thread "Alteste Berliner, a Primer", so I wonder if it was posted deliberately for the purpose of re-sale, in the hope that one of us would not see it (good work, Rudolf).

He also had a standard Postal visor listed as a Postschutz visor--now most collectors haven't even heard of the Postschutz, and I wonder if this misidentification wasn't deliberate, either.

As I always say, in the age of the internet, there is no excuse for an (alleged) mistake like that....
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
        A cursory Google search would have turned up our thread "Alteste Berliner, a Primer", so I wonder if it was posted deliberately for the purpose of re-sale, in the hope that one of us would not see it (good work, Rudolf).

He also had a standard Postal visor listed as a Postschutz visor--now most collectors haven't even heard of the Postschutz, and I wonder if this misidentification wasn't deliberate, either.

As I always say, in the age of the internet, there is no excuse for an (alleged) mistake like that....

Thank you stonemint. I would also agree with you! If i remember correctly from what he said: The visor was bought by him for 1000 dollars from a good friend of his, and that was a gift he said. He claimed it was worth 15000 euro, and he said he would not sell it. But everyone was free to contact him about it, i did so and told him the visor was a fake and he should try to search up Alleste on our Great forum or just on google. I also posted a comment with info about the Alleste Berliner etc but he did not answer, only removed the file, denial possibly?

He once posted a video from his collection of medals, he showed us a KC with oaks and swords. I'm not a KC expert but i assumed it to be fake, so i contacted Dietrich Maerz and he agreed with me. I told him so, but no answer. So i'm thinking this could be denial which is very sad

Comment

yea...he definately runs away from those who ere pl\olitely telling him it was fake on the video comment thread.

He only replied to those who said it was great and agreed it was original.

so yea...selectively deaf and blind it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            Fear not for all isn't lost !! .... If it has the 3 pronged skull he can always sell it to Peter Manzie or one of his pet Eastern Europeans

Ian

I don't know the whole story on this, but Ian, your post sure made me laugh.

Comment

Looks like the video was removed, and I bet it was a good one too.

Comment

Self denial...or simply embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
                  Looks like the video was removed, and I bet it was a good one too.
                  He told us a way to check if the visor was genuine

He said the if the knob on the chainstrap near the button was pushed against the front we should se a piece of metal under. If the metal piece was there then the visor
                  had to be genuine! So i guess the problem is solved about the visor's, if we want to know if it's genuine then all we have to do is to look under the the knob

Comment

He was talking about the chincord knot? Sure that part sounds correct, but that doesn't make the hat itself correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
                      Why is it the vet was always 101st Airborne ? Still he only paid a grand for it so all is not lost . Rob
                      Is it more common among crooks to state that the vet is 101st Airborn?

Comment

He was talking about the chincord knot? Sure that part sounds correct, but that doesn't make the hat itself correct.
                        Yes he was and yes it sounded correct. But i agree with you, it don't make the
                        hat correct.

Comment

Originally posted by JG 51 View Post
                          Is it more common among crooks to state that the vet is 101st Airborn?
                          Now they will change and say the 82nd airborne

Comment

Now they will change and say the 82nd airborne

What says Snyder?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X