Paul Kaps Artillerie SS Crusher for Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Kaps Artillerie SS Crusher for Officer

This hat was the subject of a long, 10-page back and forth "discussion" on the SS forum as to authenticity, but the end result was that "consensus" was that it is authentic.

I don't collect crushers, but the hat looks good to me, to0.
    In any event, it is for sale at 13,900 Euros at this website:

www.militaria-depot.de
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

I think anyone interested could negotiate a lower price.

I would dearly love to own this one but will have to wait until I win the lottery first.

Comment

It does look pretty nice. I think Vet44 posted one just like this, if i'M not mistaken.

Comment

That is indeed a sweet cap... Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
          It does look pretty nice. I think Vet44 posted one just like this, if i'M not mistaken.

Same cap.

Comment

Yes it is the same cap...I was a fan when it was first posted, and still am. I just don't happen to have a spare 17K at the moment...but things change!

Comment

I'll say this and then I'll stop all the free advertising. Very few original SS piped caps ever appear and then you have this one, an Artillery piped Alter Art SS cap made by Paul Kaps. Rare is not the word for this one. You can keep all your SS Generals visors for the same price or more, this is much rarer.

Comment

Hi Ben,

I'm actually saving my money for this cap. I love this cap but I've just a miniscule, smidgen of a doubt about the insignia. Are they contemporary to the cap????

Thanks,
                George

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                  I'll say this and then I'll stop all the free advertising. Very few original SS piped caps ever appear and then you have this one, an Artillery piped Alter Art SS cap made by Paul Kaps. Rare is not the word for this one. You can keep all your SS Generals visors for the same price or more, this is much rarer.

I agree--W-SS or A-SS General, this is much rarer, and much more desirable, especially being a Kaps!
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by dukhunter View Post
                    I love this cap but I've just a miniscule, smidgen of a doubt about the insignia. Are they contemporary to the cap????
                    I don't think they are original to the cap but that wouldn't bother me at all.

Comment

Thank you for your input, Ben. Doesn't really bother me either. Great hat!

Thanks,
                      George

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                        Yes it is the same cap...I was a fan when it was first posted, and still am. I just don't happen to have a spare 17K at the moment...but things change!
                        Closer to $19,000.00 USD at the moment....Oh, what's $2,000.00 once you get past 10K!

Comment

Sorry...I was going by the Euro-USD conversion when it first came up for sale.

Comment

Paul Kaps

According do this ad, Paul Kaps died in Neisse, on June 11, 1941, at the age of 73.
                            Attached Files

Comment

He lived a long time for the era. Lucky for him he did not have to see the end of his business, and the ceding of Neisse to Poland.

In any event, he has my respect as one of the top hat-makers of the TR (if not the top).

Thanks for posting.
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X