HG LW side cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HG LW side cap

Hello, I would like to have your opinion on this Hermann Goering LW side cap. Most of the criteria look fine too me, but you never know......
    It is in a pretty good shape with some tiny mottholes.

Regards
    Attached Files

HG LW side cap

No.2
    Attached Files

Comment

HG LW side cap

No.3
      Attached Files

Comment

HG LW side cap

No.4
        Attached Files

Comment

HG LW side cap

No.5
          Attached Files

Comment

HG LW side cap

No.6
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm far from an expert, but the cap is date stamped 1944. Were these type caps still being made after 1943? I thought they were replaced by the M43 cap.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

HG LW side cap

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
                I'm far from an expert, but the cap is date stamped 1944. Were these type caps still being made after 1943? I thought they were replaced by the M43 cap.

Bob Shoaf
                Hi Bob,

To my knowledge, for the Heer, the production of the last Feldmuetze 42 stopped in 1944 and was replaced by the Einheitsfeldmutze M-43, which was produced in 1943-1945.
                I do not know if this was the same for the Luftwaffe caps. Also, shouldn't there be a RBNr. in the cap?

Regards

Comment

To me the maker/date stamp looks like its been done with a marker pen, but this is just my opinion and I might need new specs. As was said earlier, for a 44 dated cap I would expect an RBNr. rather than a makers mark.
                  JerryBB

Comment

IMO 44 dated overseas caps are not for me...Billbert

Comment

I find the stamp to be highly suspicious.
                      The Waffenfarb on a late war cap leaves me cold also. I have had 2 originals from the same vet and neither were piped. I realize that that particular fact doesnt mean all HG panzer side caps are the same as the ones I have had but this one doesn't leave me with the warm fuzzies.

Comment

HG LW side cap

Originally posted by BryanD View Post
                        I find the stamp to be highly suspicious.
                        The Waffenfarb on a late war cap leaves me cold also. I have had 2 originals from the same vet and neither were piped. I realize that that particular fact doesnt mean all HG panzer side caps are the same as the ones I have had but this one doesn't leave me with the warm fuzzies.
                        Hi!
                        I'm far from an expert in this area, but can you explain why do you think this is a HG panzer cap in particular?
                        Also what do you find suspicious about the stamp, apart from the fact that it is dated 1944?
                        Any opinions about the rest of the cap: eagle, stitching, fabric, piping and interior?
                        Thank you very much

See link for picture for a piped HG cap
                        http://www.tylersmilitarysite.com/po...1129249396.jpg
                        Last edited by Excelsior; 12-28-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Difficult to say if the guy in that pic is an enlisted man in the HG; he might be wearing an officer's cap.
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

HG LW side cap

Indeed, difficult to state whether or not this is officers piping. Picture is taken too far away.

So what can we conclude on this cap?

1. Stamped too late (1944);
                            2. Stamp looks like it has been done with a marker pen!;
                            3. White piping not necessary for HG-division;

Nothing was said about fabric, construction, eagle, cockade and stitching of the piping.

Can I conclude that these are ok then?

I put 2 close ups of the fabric stamp and the size (correctly in black ink).

Perhaps I am insisting a bit, but these caps are quite difficult to find and a lot of these caps were private purchase in those days. I admit that few of those caps were private purchase for enlisted men.

Thx
                            Attached Files

Comment

HG LW side cap

No.2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X