Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teufelmutze

Hi Guys
    Just moved and found this in an old box of stuff.You don't see many of them so I thought that I would post.
    Best regards
    Paul
    Attached Files

Paul:

You're going to have a lot of confused members so let me break the ice, "what is it used for?

Ich spreche etwas deutsch, and understand that this is a "devil hat". Where's the horns?

Thank's for your clarity in advance.

Comment

Was sort of hoping for a bit of discussion.Here's a hint:Maybe our HJ collectors can jump in
      Best
      P

Comment

Nice BDM cap Paul. You don't see those very often.
        Doug

Comment

I knew you would get it ,Doug

Comment

Sind Mädchen Teufel? I guess I have a Bildungslücke??? Fill me in

Kurt

Comment

Look at the pointy bottom of the cap.If you can picture a devil's costume headcovering you will see similar pointy features.Hence the cap was given the name "teufelmutze".Those who are better at computers than I am can google the term and post a photo here

Comment

I think that is the first one I have ever seen a color pic of....
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

paul s. --- THANKS Kurt

Comment

sweet.............you don't see many of these.........much jealousy

Comment

BDM cap

My mothers BDM cap is stored im my bedside table. She never mentioned "Teufelsmütze". It was mainly used for sports as "Sportkappe". Regards.

Comment

Great and rare cap Paul!

Originally posted by iron man View Post
                        My mothers BDM cap is stored im my bedside table. She never mentioned "Teufelsmütze". It was mainly used for sports as "Sportkappe". Regards.
                        Could you show it?

Comment

Yes, of course I show it. And I called my mom again. Both were in use. Teufelsmütze and Sportkappe. There is no RZM tag, but personal ID letters.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!!!

Are these all private purchases, and just a ''modern'' cap for that time?

Comment

Landjahr

My mother and other girls got the cap, when she had been introduced to start the Landjahr in Westpreussen, now Poland. The Teufelsmütze was part of the equipment they got when they arrived. There was no spezial BDM and sport connection. It should shelter her heads from rough climate there far from home.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X