Coastal overseas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal overseas cap

Hello, bought this at local gun show. Told coastal artillery cap original. Badge in real is darker blue. Badge looks good to me, but the cap material is diff then other coastal side caps. Material looks like M43. Also what about the nazi stamp on inside? Also looks like a lable was removed previously? I can return if this is a crap cap lol.

Thanks for any info.

I would return it.

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

looks like some kind of Bundeswehr cap the size of the removed tag and the spacing of the stich holes look about the same size as the interior Bundeswehr cap tags, also i see faint markings like the ink from the tag bled through imo the KM stamp is bogus as well ,not sure about the km insignias need a better close up of the bird
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I looked at this as well, thought it might be okay, something just made me pass on it.

Comment

100% agree with Glenn, return it
          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

ditto... the sooner the better...

Comment

Lenny said it all - it is a West German hat, that had a typical big West German label in it. The presence of a former big label was the first clue of a repro.

The KM stamp UNDER where the label had been removed should have told you it was no good. THat was the second clue of a repro.

Plus the insignia is hand sewn on - very typical of a re-purposed West German hat. Likely the cockade on this glows brightly under UV light. That would be your third clue.

I had one of these West German hats in black and removed the cockade to have a look at how they sewed it on. It was an interesting study in how cockades are factory-applied. I still have it somewhere. BTW - these hats sell in Army surplus stores for $2 each, so they are a prime candidate for some goober to add Reddick insignia to.

Comment

removed big label says it all, rebadged post war cap.

Comment

Well dudes, thks again for all opinions. Luckily the seller is a stand up guy and has offered a refund and a good deal on another KM cap.

I think it's time to become a member. You guys have always given good advice in the Wehrmacht-awards.com forums.

Also member "rbminus" speaks very highly of his E-stand purchases.

Kelly

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X