No announcement yet.

SS Officers Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wich Peter is that? If it's a dealer he should have known better regarding the insignia

Comment

For what you would have paid for it and whom ever the dealer(I presume it was a dealer) then I'd be on to them straight away about it.
      Last edited by macca007; 11-29-2009, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad signs here and my advice would be to send it back, sorry.

Comment

I'll highlight some of the problems.

Here you can see 2 obvious holes through the pasteboard from previously installed insignia, most likely a Heer wreath. No corresponding holes can be seen going through the velvet band. Actualy, this whole area is a bit of a mess.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here it's obvious that the sweatband has been poorly put back into the cap with big uneven hand done stitches. The lining folds do not match the Pekuro method either.
            Attached Files

Comment

Whether you think 800 marked badges to be real or not is not something I want to go into right now but it's obvious that another skull was once here on the velvet band.
              Attached Files

Comment

Dealer

When asking for Opinions on an item never mention the Dealer's Name until all Opinions are in and then only if it is necessary. You will get more objective Opinions from more Members.

I don't like that Hat at all, it's simply been played with too much. And I don't think it's what you had in mind.

And I don't believe in 800 marked Skulls. You can search the SS Forum on that one and trust me it's endless.

Comment

Actually I don't recall saying I bought it from a dealer. I simply said I obtained it from Peter but I appreciate the heads up anyway.

Comment

Obvious monkeying around with insignia for starters. The 800 marked TK is a copy.

Comment

I agree with Dr S and Ben. Send it back. I would expect this cap to have the Pekuro trademarks, but they are lacking. Pretty clear that there was once a Heer wreath through that pasteboard at one time. Peter has a great return policy, so that's a plus. Best of luck to you.

Comment

The TK is bad, a former wreath has been on this at one point with a different skull as well, probably a real one when this one was put together and removed since. No question this has been messed with starting with the smiley guy on the front.

Comment

Fragen

The real question is how does this velvet band feel to the touch? Looks a wee wavy to me...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Just found this after a short trip.

Excellent discussion on details.

I would think BVK's analysis is probably correct.

Gebs, you are a man after my own heart.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X