Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copper-Brown Officer cap

Hello, gents!
    Since I have not been doing too well with visor caps of late, I thought I'd ask the forum its opinions of this cap being offered by Relics of the Reich:

RARE COPPERBROWN PIPED HEER OFFICERS VISOR This is one of if not the rarest visor cap pipings to find! Army Officers visor cap, piped in Copperbrown, for Motorcycle recon troops, this piping was used for a very short period, around 1941, then changed. Its very rare!

Cap is in excellent condition, and made of top quality materials. The material is fine doeskin, with the darkgreen capband, a nice medium size peak, matching silver Alum eagle and wreath. Has the officers silver chin cord on front. Bill is still shinny. Cap shows little use, liner is a nice cream silk, with the sweat diamond in tact. Maker is Berolina Wide tan/light brown sweatband, and the bottom of the visor bill is a nice cream color as well. Well made, by a top cap maker. It will be impossible to upgrade, let alone find another copper-brown piped cap, few exist!
    Attached Files

CBa

CBa
    Attached Files

Comment

CBb

CBb
      Attached Files

Comment

CBc

CBc
        Attached Files

Comment

CBd

CBd
          Attached Files

Comment

CBe

CBe
            Attached Files

Comment

Pricey!

Can't speak to originality.

Comment

Pricey...

Well, it is expensive, but it is an almost impossibly rare Waffenfarbe. I like the color; i was just concerned whether any members saw any red flags on the construction.

Comment

Hi Bob,
                  It looks fine to me, by a nice maker as well.
                  Thanks,
                  Curtiss

Comment

He does carry alot of nice and legit items that he sources there in Germany. I remember this visor being offered by him a year or so ago with a few shots under the hood and the lining looked like it had not been altered in any way or signs of tampering or re-stitching (all folds and creases were laying correctly) But in no way am I the one to say or . Nonetheless a great looking piece.

Comment

So has it since been in a collection? Or perhaps his own?

Comment

If I remember it was just pulled from the site and was never marked on hold or sold so I really dont know. I had inquired about it because this branch interests me but at the time I had another item come up that I chose to take it over this.

Comment

Looks good from here. One of the few pipings I never owned when I collected WH.
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X