Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Officers Visor "Kutrika"

Hi,
    I can pick this up for a decant price. It's in excellent condition, the outside is near mint and the inside shows a little use. When I first saw the makers logo I recognized that this maker is similar to the widely faked Hatrika, but I'm fairly sure this is a good one. How rare are these Kutrika caps and does this maker add much more to the value?? Thanks for your opinions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karl S.; 11-14-2009, 08:21 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Something I didn't notice at first is the chin cord braiding is braided in the wrong direction (like E. German). I'll need to check this closely. Were original cords ever made this way?

Comment

Cant comment on maker BUT it sure has curb appeal... Billbert

Comment

Hallo Karl S

Very nice KUTRIKA visor in the Sonderklasse grade

In my opinion they are not very rare and this maker doesn't add always, as a general rule, any positive "bonus" to the value, unless it be the aim of counterfeiters is considered a good estimate.

In my opinion, its value has to be calculated with regards to its nice shape,
                    good general conservation and mainly its belonging to the police.

Comment

Is there any dirt or staining on the liner?

It looks like there is wear evidence on the sweatband and a "thumbing" to the visor underside, but no wear evidence to the inside liner. I would expect some in a cap showing sweatband dirt and visor thumbing..

J T

Comment

I like it--it is a true officer's visor. If you don't buy it, I will!.....
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks all,
                          I liked the cap overall, but the chin cord gave me a little concern and the plain one piece eagle was a little disappointing. I didn't see the feedback until now so I passed on this cap. But I did pick up a decant SS Fez.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
                            Something I didn't notice at first is the chin cord braiding is braided in the wrong direction (like E. German). I'll need to check this closely. Were original cords ever made this way?

It's a very nice cap, and I would buy it myself if the price was right, but there is a very good possibility that the cap has been upgraded recently with postwar chincords. It is a high quality cap so we will probably never know unless there are other holes or marks on the band from a different length of chinstrap.

There certainly were wartime chincords with this 'backward' twist, but they are seldom encountered. And many, many caps have been 'promoted' postwar with East German cords like these, so unless everything else checks out perfectly, I remain suspicious.

No big deal really. Either way it is a very collectable cap.

Comment

Hello Karl ,no doubts it's a nice and original hat.
                              I have no big concerns about the back twist of the chincord ,many original exist ,look inside the knots if there is plastic is postwar,but i think is added to the hat ,IMO is upgraded to officer changing the chincord ,the eagle is for NCO not for off.
                              Ciao
                              Carlo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X