Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jager Officer's M43 - Opinions?

Hi all,

Bought this one about 8 years ago when I started collecting - have only recently got back into it and have been slowly but surely posting my stuff for opinions.

This is an officer's M43 with a Jager hat badge affixed to it. I bought it in this condition from a well known dealer here in Australia bacj in around 2003 (on blind faith - I was young and naive back then). I have never had it looked at for opinions so I thought I would post it here. No idea if the Jager badge is original to this cap, or even if it is original itself - it looks bright in the photos as it has retained its silver finish, though the silver finish is quite dull and tarnished under normal light. Other things of note is that the eagle and cocade insignia on the cap has been applied over the top of the original insignia. Not sure why, or if it was period done, but there is no stitching through the lining.

Opinions please :-)

If it is original, what would be its worth?

Thanks!

BC

To me the hat looks fine as done the insignia.. I m betting there was a eagle cockade trapeziod factory sewn on the cap when it was new..I think i can see the ghosts of thread outline.. Looks very nice..insignia on it may or may not have been applied wartime.. JMHO Billbert

Comment

original cap w/replaced insignia
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
        original cap w/replaced insignia

Agree!

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the opinions

Any idea on value?

Thanks!

BC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X