Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor Branch Colour question

Hi,

This visor with light green colour, Is it for Panzergrenadiere?
    Could you help me out. And what would be a correct price.

Regards Jim

Pic2

Comment

Comment

I suspect a recoloured Infantry cap.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
          I suspect a recoloured Infantry cap.
          Why do you suspect that?

There is nothing recoloured on this cap. It comes straight of the attic, I get it myself of the old men. I only don't know what the colour exactly is. I have no doubts about anything on this cap.

Regards Jim

Comment

Here is a picture when I lift the back of the cap so you can view the colour in the middle. :

Comment

If possible could you please carefully spread this area with your fingers in pic and take photo and show us ??.......

cn0118.jpg

Comment

Of course I can do that.

Her is a better pic, there is no sign of colouring anywhere.
                Is this colour rare? is that the issue?

Regards Jim

Comment

And another one.

Look also at the wear aging at the bottem and top piping in comparison to the middle who is covered all the time. You see it clearly.

Regards Jim

Comment

Not convincing?

Now a picture of the top piping. That one shows naturally wear at the outside. I've spread thisone also, you can see the bright green colour at the inside of the visorcap!

Comment

Pz grenadier isn't a rare color by any means, difficult to find yes but not rare. A true Pz. Gren visor is a very bright lime green colored pipping not a faded and unsolid color like this one. After some of the infantry units were mechanized and became Pz. Gren units the soldiers would have their pipping died from white to lime green instead of buying another cap, which makes perfect sense to me as a soldier. Now the thing is that edges people out is when was the job done? It could have been now or 1940s. They dye would get into the fibers and they should be a greener color. Here is a pic of my officers one for a good idea of what a true pz gren color is for comparison. Nice cap though and one that would look great with my officers. I do like it and think she is a period example of a dyed waffenfarbe. Matt
                      Attached Files

Comment

Second lot of pics are better Jim, no doubt the piping has been dyed and seems to be well done ..it could stand a chance of being period dyed ??, but its always to hard to determain whether pre 45 or post war done with these type of caps ?

For me personally , im not a fan of dyed piping in general only due to the unknown...time/period of application.

Comment

Foto 10 in the buried edge looks like lime green panzer gren to me..JMHO Billbert

Comment

Billburt,

I think that perhaps more of the dye just tended to settle in that ride. The color looks a bit inconsistent throughout the pipping to be a true Pz. Gren. visor in my opinion. I think it was a period redyed one, i really do like it. Matt

Comment

I like the dye job on this one. Definitely dosn't look like it was done yesterday

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X