Panzer Crusher - Opinions and thoughts wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crusher

Thanks for pointing out your concerns guys. This is sad news. I've been after apanzer crusher for a while and thought I had finally found one. I do not have this cap in hand yet, it is on lay-away with a dealer at the moment, I've only paid for half of it.

To my untrained eye, the fact that the outside is so nice compared to the inside did worry me a bit, but the other stuff you mentioned, I would not have caught. I do believe the piping is pink, not carmine, but that is the least of my concerns at the moment.

Any chance that when I get this in hand there may be hope for it, or should I run away now?

Comment

I kinda like it.. Billbert

Comment

Buy the cap but make sure you get it confirmed from the dealer first that you can return the cap within a reasonable time if you're not happy.

No point condemning it before you've even handled it plus Pz crushers don't appear everyday.

Comment

Pink Piping glow

Originally posted by Jack Aubrey View Post
          Well

Does the pipin glows under black light?..

I. Dont like how the eagle is sewn on.

Jack
          It has been my experience that original pink piping will glow. I am not sure that this will occur 100% of the time, but it is possible to happen on original examples.
          Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
            It has been my experience that original pink piping will glow. I am not sure that this will occur 100% of the time, but it is possible to happen on original examples.
            Peter
            Yes, the original dye used can glow a sort of orange color...

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
              Thanks for pointing out your concerns guys. This is sad news. I've been after apanzer crusher for a while and thought I had finally found one. I do not have this cap in hand yet, it is on lay-away with a dealer at the moment, I've only paid for half of it.
              Who´s the dealer?

Comment

crusher

OK guys, I'm going to continue on with the lay-away and pay off the cap. I'll post pictures of it in about a month when I have it. The dealer does offer a reasonable inspection period. I would just be out the shipping cost if I return it, pretty standard terms.

JG 51 - I'd rather not mention the dealers name at this time. I will say he is well known, but that really doesn't make a difference anyway.

Comment

John,

C'mon...give the other guys a chance to offer more money...be fair. I have several true stories about forum members and the length's they go to to buy stuff out from under people. I'll tell you next time I see you.

JG 51,

I'm not implying anything about you at all, I wouldn't mind knowing the dealer too, but I would not reveal it either due to past occurence.

Richard

Comment

Crusher

Hi Richard,

Missed you at the Pomona show today, hope to see you at our gathering next Saturday. You actually bring up another good reason to not reveal the sellers name just yet, I never though about that. I just did not want to create any problems with anybody.

I spoke to Mike Dalton about this cap at the show today and he said he thinks he handled this at the SOS last year. He said that if it is the same one, he liked it, but I'm not sure if it is the same one yet.

Comment

You would be AMAZED at the games played to acquire something for ones own sandbox.. the best and the worst are all represented..I LOVE the disinformation GUYS.. spread bad info about fake cap etc etc ..and then go buy it cheaper... Billbert

You find out if you ve made any friends and learned ANYTHING when its time to sell your goodies..not acquire then..JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                        You would be AMAZED at the games played to acquire something for ones own sandbox.. the best and the worst are all represented..I LOVE the disinformation GUYS.. spread bad info about fake cap etc etc ..and then go buy it cheaper... Billbert

You find out if you ve made any friends and learned ANYTHING when its time to sell your goodies..not acquire then..JMHO

Wise words, Billbert, I have been down that road. Jacques

Comment

So let us hear the update!!?? Billbert

Comment

Yes I'm also anxious to hear a follow-up!

Comment

John,

I hope this wasn't a two year lay-away plan?

Comment

Crusher

Still a couple weeks away guys. Don't worry, I'll post it as soon as it comes in.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X