Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately for you Butch, I kept the CHEQUE for all these years.

Even if the cheque had been valid in the UK, which it wasn't, you spelt my name wrong and wrote that lovely little message on it too to make sure it was doubly invalid.

Oh and thanks for the PM yesterday, want me to post that here as well?

You opened up this can of worms yourself so now you have to deal with it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Why wasn't it good? Looks like a valid check to me. I would have cashed it.

Comment

Yes, I can say from experience the moronic "eat ****" memo would not invalidate the check....at here stateside. May be a different story overseas. I am not even sure if a personal check from the US is valid overseas. I have always used US Postal International Money Orders when sending payment to Europe. Memo is a definite indicater of personal character .

Comment

Not very Gentlemanly to write that on a cheque NO doubt regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
            Not very Gentlemanly to write that on a cheque NO doubt regardless.
            Especially after all Ben has given to the hobby, and the incredible restorations he has done--it is hard to appreciate just how time-consuming it is to restore a hat, and how fastidious you have to be with a thread and needle.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Agreed 100%.

Comment

Note the name on the cheque is deliberately and insultingly misspelled, see difference between name on envelope.

Not bankable unless name is spelt correctly to recipient as the fellow would have known...

Comment

I now own this cap and can attest to the quality of the repair.

Comment

Originally posted by nzef1940 View Post
                    Note the name on the cheque is deliberately and insultingly misspelled, see difference between name on envelope.
                    I'm not so sure about that. My name is much easier to spell than Ben's, and people misspell it all the time. He may have been trying to add the 'von' to the check. Regular folks are remarkably illiterate much of the time. Especially when they are in a hurry.

Originally posted by nzef1940 View Post
                    Not bankable unless name is spelt correctly to recipient as the fellow would have known...
                    That's not true. I've cashed many checks with misspellings (and scribblings) on them.

I suspect this is a huge misunderstanding. I don't get the memo line, but maybe he was just being cute. I guess we will never know unless he explains himself.

I have no dog in this hunt, mind you, as I don't know him. But I've made a living trying to decipher other people's writings, and it can be interesting.

Comment

Crying Ass Ben The LIAR

There you Go..You got Paid!!!
                      Let me know when you are Stateside and We WILL take care of this!
                      The next Lie that you Type about me will be with a Pencil .
                      Whatta Liar! B.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Gooch View Post
                        Ben was PAID with a MONEY ORDER. I guess a Thank you and a Money Order wasn't Good enough. He thinks he can insult someone and not be insulted back. I have tried to make Peace with this..person but to No Avail. But you can bet the farm that once and for all HE GOT Paid. And Grow up and Quit your Damn Lying and worst of all your Damn Crying! Whatta Mook Butch

You have 1 week from today to pay BenVK for the services rendered or you will be removed from this Forum.

This one is now closed.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X