David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about pink piped LW nco peaked caps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some minor differences between mine and the one on ebay.But they are just that,minor.I can't tell from the photos if the sweatshield and logo are similar.If so,it looks like a potential bargain.The seller has a 14 money back guarantee.Maybe someone with better eyesight tan mine can tell if this is a real deal
    Best
    Paul

Comment

Paul,
      What about the underside of the visor of the one on eBay?
      Regards,
      Leroy
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Leroy; 09-22-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
        Paul,
        What about the underside of the visor of the one on eBay?
        Regards,
        Leroy
        Good question, would like to see a good pic of that .., doesn't look promising from that pic.

Jos.

Comment

Jos,
          I know these are universally condemned, but is there a basis for that, really?
          I personally don't know the answer and would love to find out.
          Regards,
          Leroy

P.S. Bob Lyons is going to e-mail me photos of his cap and I will post as soon as received.

Comment

Hi Leroy
            The posted pics on the ebay example are just not crisp enough for me to tell.Mine has a textured appearance to it and I can't really see what this one looks like.
            I have heard this debate before as to the existence of these caps.I have a pair of em shoulderboards that I taken numerous times to the MAX and SOS(and will again this year).No one has been able to find a flaw with them.I don't know what color piped cap,other than matching,would have been worn with these boards.Scarcity doesn't mean something didn't exist.
            Would love to see sharper pics of the ebay cap
            Best
            P

Comment

I would like for Gene to weigh in on these. I, personally, and without meaning to upset anyone, am not convinced by either. And, as Paul has pointed out, I fall within the group of doubters as to their existence.

Comment

Hi Jack
                I understand both sides of the argument on this one.If you want to pm your address to me,I will send the boards for your thoughts.It will either satisfy or heighten the mystery
                Best
                Paul

Comment

As I mentioned on the other thread, I know for a fact that Floch has sold these.
                  He says they are 100% real and are from old stock found in storage, some with their original insignia and some with insignia newly added. Before everyone laughs out loud, remember that Floch, despite his reputation, has indeed found many, many good items.

I would really like to know the true story on these visors with pebbled underside.

Comment

Here are some photos of Bob Lyons' cap which I have just received. Thanks, Bob!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Front.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Seam in front.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Inside.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Another.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks to Bob! He's working very long hours at the moment and has really contributed here by sending these.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X