No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe Flak EN/NCO visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I´m getting nervous posting these caps here. This one above is also sold.

Ok, I´m not giving up

Luftwaffe Flight & Fallschirmjager Troops NCO & EM Visor Hat. The plastic sweat diamond is missing, no moth holes, early eagle type, shows wear and age. 625 $
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah.. it´s eather this LW cap above or this army enlisted/nco gebirgsjäger visor cap. I have no idea about the eagle, close up is needed here I guess.

But what do you guys think is a better choice atm?
      Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if this zoomed version helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

The Gebirgsjager cap is from Relic Hunter, and has been significantly reduced. While not in mint condition, it would certainly be less common than the Luftwaffe flight/para, or flak caps.
          As much as I like Luft caps, I would choose the GBJ, based upon it's intrinsic value, and the reduced price. If condition is most important to you, go with one of the Luftwaffe caps. Just my humble opinion.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

The Gebirgsjager cap is from Relic Hunter
            Thats it, I´m done posting here.

Few hours after I post pictures of a visor here, they get sold, even that these items have been for sale for some time. +

Comment

Yes you have to be careful around all of these sharks! But it's a risk you have to take if you need to ask our opinions.

Typically the 'major dealers' will guarantee the authenticity. So once you buy it post it up here and confirm. Then have it shipped.

I'm partial to Luft visors and the 1st pattern eagle is tops. Officers/Flight/Flak/ in order of preference.

Comment

Indeed AdMan.

I avoided posting name of the site where it was for sale, but trained eyes here on WAF can read from the bakground of the picture where it is for sale.

I agree there AdMan, I like the style of the erarly LW flak visor, it´s a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by hlynur76 View Post
                  Thats it, I´m done posting here.

Few hours after I post pictures of a visor here, they get sold, even that these items have been for sale for some time. +
                  It happened to me with a Lw Bergmütze on germanmilitaria. I try to hide the name of the dealer when it appears on the pictures...

Comment

My sincere apologies for posting the dealer's name. I was laboring under the apparently mistaken assumption that most headgear collectors keep up to date with the major dealers websites. The GBJ cap, in particular, had been offered for quite some time, thus the price cut.
                    I will endeavor to be more discreet in the future.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
                      My sincere apologies for posting the dealer's name. I was laboring under the apparently mistaken assumption that most headgear collectors keep up to date with the major dealers websites. The GBJ cap, in particular, had been offered for quite some time, thus the price cut.
                      I will endeavor to be more discreet in the future.

Bob Shoaf

Bob - I think that whoever scooped it up would have recognized who the dealer was so I don't think it was wholly your fault.

Comment

I like the LW cap quite a lot - beautiful eagle!

Jack

Comment

Hello again.

Sorry for late posting guys. I got that visor from Bruce Herman that was posted first on this thread. I thought it was gone since I got late answer from Bruce I bought it for 475$

Now I have it in my collection and I´m verry happy about it. Indeed there was a unit stamp inside and that first pattern eagle is a beauty

thx guys for all your comments on this thread here
                          Attached Files

Comment

The eagle
                            Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes good things come to those who wait..Very Nice..Billbert

Comment

The unit stamp inside the liner

Could it be that this is the service with that visor by I./Flak-Regiment 25?
                                http://www.ww2.dk/ground/flak/flargt25.html

Or was this hat just located at Ludwigsburg?
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak-Kaserne_Ludwigsburg

All comment are welcome.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X