No announcement yet.

Goering's Cap (& Uniform) In A Militaria Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been to that shop before but didnt see the uniform.

The display at IWM.

and the rest of the photos.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=350202

Some have been removed by photobucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
      I have been to that shop before but didnt see the uniform.

The display at IWM.

and the rest of the photos.
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=350202

Some have been removed by photobucket.
      That is a great one Eujin!

Is there a lot of fakes in the shop?

Comment

At Luftwaffenmuseum Der Bundeswehr (Berlin),

Göring.jpg

Comment

The collar tabs are the tell-all. Bad to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by AdMan View Post
            The collar tabs are the tell-all. Bad to the bone.
            The whole thing tell everything, low quality.

Comment

The RM had about as many changes of uniform as I have changes of underwear, and I have had an opportunity to actually handle a documented original. The bullion work and quality of the uniform is nothing short of breathtaking, as you might expect from such an important TR figure.

Hermann would have had the tailor and embroiderer of the uniform in the photos shot summarily.
              "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
              -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Werner View Post
                The RM had about as many changes of uniform as I have changes of underwear, and I have had an opportunity to actually handle a documented original. The bullion work and quality of the uniform is nothing short of breathtaking, as you might expect from such an important TR figure.

Hermann would have had the tailor and embroiderer of the uniform in the photos shot summarily.
                You are one lucky man!!

And yes he had a lot of them, not saying that Hitler had one for day time use and one for sunday use but i think Göring had more different uniforms. Blue, Grey, White, Green etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rudolf souval View Post
                  You are one lucky man!!

And yes he had a lot of them, not saying that Hitler had one for day time use and one for sunday use but i think Göring had more different uniforms. Blue, Grey, White, Green etc.
                  Yes, given Goring's penchant for ornate uniforms and his opulance in all forms I'd think he'd have had cupboards full of them! Though much would have been lost when Karinhalle was bombed....
                  Cheers, Steve
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                    No chance.
                    Absolutely no chance!
                    Cheers, Steve
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------
                    "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

About the collar tabs, for reference :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=395510

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
                        Yes, given Goring's penchant for ornate uniforms and his opulance in all forms I'd think he'd have had cupboards full of them! Though much would have been lost when Karinhalle was bombed....
                        Imagine his face when he heard about it He is supposed to have said
                        when Festung Königsberg was lost to the russians "oh, my poor deers". Since
                        he was hunting in Eastern Prussia when they had the command there.

But to ask, i have always heard and read that Göring actually blew up Karihalle himself. And his residence near Berghof was destroyed by allied air attack's?

The collar tabs shown on the link over is perfectly original, and very nice to!
                        Not the one's i posted

Comment

You are correct. Carinhall was blown up on Goring's orders to keep it from falling into Russian hands. It is my understanding that some Russians soldiers opened Carin's grave and desecrated her body. As you might imagine, the Russians did not have much sympathy for Goring. Most of the artwork was removed by German troops and some hidden, and some stored in the famous treasure train looted by the Americans.

Goring's Berghoff country house was I believe bombed by the USAAF.
                          "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
                          -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Yeah and i saw Elvis last week at the Chic-Fillet.

Comment

Ok, after lot's of research i managed to find the uniform again. It was sold by Hermann Historica in 2004 at a start price on 1000 euro as a high quality old reproduction.

Here's better photos.

hermann-goring-suit-01_01.jpg

hermann-goring-suit-01.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1814655[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1814654[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X