Army Artillery Officer Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Artillery Officer Visor

Just wondering about this piece, I think it is original. Of Dreschler making, "Str. 26" It's up for sale for $425. Opinions?

Man that's one straaaange looking visor! The materials used could be original as part of a period made hat but it looks so sloppy in construction and out of normal proportions for a visor that I would pass on it. Could be original, but whew! Suggest you save up a bit more and find a more contemporary looking example. Just my opinion.

There is the "jaunty" look, and then there is... this?

Comment

JUST MY OPINION , BUT WITH A EXTRA 300.00 DOLLARS YOU CAN GET A TEXT BOOK ARTY VISOR CAP , ABOUT THE CAP YOU JUST POST NOT FOR MY COLLECTION. MY TWO CENTS

Comment

It is not that strange. Typical early Reichsheer cap. I am sure the insignia were changed. Jacques
        Attached Files

Comment

That is the first Drechsler WH visor I have seen--they mostly made civil headgear (Forst, DRB, etc). Their caps always seem to have low-peaks and lesser-quality wools. Is there a Gepruft stamp on the sweatband?
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Drechsler was also close to August Muller (Dachauerstr. 123)--Drechsler was at 26. (Come to think of it, I cannot recall having seen a Muller civil visor....)
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

what a cool shape.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X