MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officers peak cap maker label. Any red flags ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers peak cap maker label. Any red flags ??

Hi Guy's
    I recently picked an officers cap out of the wood work & just wanted to make sure there was no red flags with the maker label. Cap's are not usually what I collect so my knowledge is limited when knowing good from bad. My gut feeling was good with this one when I first saw it so hopefully it is good.
    All comments welcome.

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files

I don't know but i got a bad feeling about this one , can you post more pictures please.

Comment

I cant say i have ever seen this type of logo before either, but going by the pic im not comfortable with it.

As lieproo mentioned ..would be nice to see pics of whole visor.

Comment

My first thought with my limited knowledge: would that be cellophane or plastic we see? It looks to be in nice condition with no cracks, but how soft to the touch is it? Is it somewhat stiff like vintage old cellophane, or the perpetually soft plastic as seen on post-war caps and most outright reproductions.

Logo reminds me of an office shipping label.

Comment

I am with the rest I do not feel this is a war time cap.

Comment

Thanks for your comments so far guy's, really appreciated & potentially you could be saving me my hard earned cash.
            The label cover is reasonably stiff to the touch but not so much that it will crack.
            Here's a few more photo's of the cap that will hopefully give a better impression of what we have.

Mike
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

On FIRST look, we have all the traits of Janke. We also have the piping cross over at the back.

One further looks, we have traits not really associated with Janke. The maker mark is interesting, not the sort of Janke thing.

Now, one test I would do is to check the feel of the trikot wool.

Janke used a polyester based Trikot. As we know they were repro's not originally made to deceive.

Run the back of your hand across the trikot material on the top of the cap. I would be looking for a very dry trikot material that feels quite rough on the back of your hand. This would be a period material and would give a good account for the cap. (The cap seems well made too).

If the material is slippery and smooth to feel on the back of your hand, you have a polyester fibre trikot which I would avoid.

Try those tests and report back.

J T

Comment

I'm not a fan of this one. The SS looks plastic to me. The waffenfarbe is just to (girly) pink for my liking.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X