No announcement yet.

Luft Generals White Top Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy points out "Is It not beyond the realms of likelyhood that when a large contract was received, some of the work was sub contracted to other manufacturers"

Clearly this was done with components of the manufacturing of the DKiG. Manufactured by one approved vendor - built and marked by another approved vendor. Why, indeed, wouldn't it be done with other items being supplied to the armed forces when there was such pressure on the supply chain.

Arran's point is even more to the point. General or non-General, anyone with the Reichsmarks to pay for what they wanted could, I'm quite sure, 'get' whatever they wanted. As it is today, it was, I'm sure, then. Money talks.

Comment

Ron, can we see under the hood please?

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        You could very well be right, Carlo. But if a General walked into his usual tailor looking for a new cap, and said "I really like the cap from this maker, but I've got to have the sweatband with the velvet around cause I hate having a red line on my forehead- can you hook me up?", what would the result be? Obviously, the tailor would put that band in that cap even if it meant doing it himself. I'm sure that sort of thing happened from time to time...
        Arran your teory could be possible............ for a little privat hat maker ! But Clemens Wagner was not a little privat tailor it was a very big factory.
        CW like the other thee 'fantastic four' (erel,scellenberg and pequro)had in their catalogue diferrent kind quality hats,they had ready visors stored to sel ,they didn't do hats by ordering.A hat shop ordered the visors he needs,you cannot ordered to erel a hat with schellenberg features or a pequro with wagner ones,is like you order a car to the BMW with the seats of the Mercedes besause more comfortable .
        You can't do this.
        But in spite of this ..... ok you are right ,the General ordered a hat with a pequro sweatband ,and ordered also THE SPECIAL LOGO ????
        It's UNBELIEVABLE !
        You cannot ordered a hat like this !!!!!!!!
        But if want believe ,believe is your decision not mine.
        I still say is a nmessed up visor ,this is my opinion and I'll not change my mind till you can prove that CW put his logo on the sweatshield ad used Pequro sweatband.
        Shaw me an original hat with these caratteristic ,I'll believe in you.
        With friedship
        Carlo

PS
        I hope you undersand what I menan with my bad english

Comment

The answer can be found on the CW logo thread.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X