Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer's Fez

Hello all,

Posting this for a friend. He picked it up at a local gun show and would appreciate your comments. These are the only photos I have for now.

Thanks in advance,
    Richard
    Attached Files

Eagle close up
    Attached Files

Comment

Lining
      Attached Files

Comment

Inner
        Attached Files

Comment

Sweatband maker's mark
          Attached Files

Comment

Is it April the 1st?

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
              Is it April the 1st?

Yeah, nothing good about that one at all. I hope your friend didn't spend too much on that...

Regards,

Drew

Comment

SORRY I DON'T LIKE IT

Comment

Comment

****e

your buddy got bent over with that piece of garbage. The bunk RZM tag is a nice touch though.

Comment

SS Officer's Fez

That looks like the kind of fez Fred Flinstone would wear to the grand Puba Lodge meeting, with Fred's insignia removed and an SS (probably fake) eagle added as well as the RZM label inside.

Comment

Nice sovenir from Tunisia and no more ! The hat maker was from the town of FES in Tunisia as written on the sweet band ...:

Comment

ss fez

Richard; Tell your friend that the "SS FEZ" IS A COMPLETE FAKE.Tell him to stay away from Flea Markets (IMO) those dealers are not as foolish as they seem to be!!Fez's were worn by the (HANDSCHAR") division of muslim volunteers in field grey for "Walking Out" wear and Maroon for parade wear.They were not lined had a leather sweatband inside.There was also a conical shaped type of fez which was worn by the Karma volunteer division.They are fairly rare and i would advise your buddy to ask others about these pieces or p/up a book on SS headgear!collect36

Comment

Don't be so harsh, it's ok as a themed plant pot cover

Ian

Comment

Doh !

You Idiots have no idea what your looking at, once again, that is the RARE Officer's Walking Out Red Dress Afrika Korps Fez. Worth at least 20k and only one of two known. Now it was never photograhed during the period, I am still poring over pics, so you cannot prove it was fake.

Are you saying Flinstone was a NAZI?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X