X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I think Italian made is a possibility.. Billbert

Comment

Italian?

Italian? What for? Like maybe a Sicilian Mob Boss temporarily attatched to the German Army? Let's not blame Italy for this Treasure.

Comment

I am still waiting for a reply from the seller for more photos and will post when they arrive.

Comment

Is the seller in Chicago? Maybe a vet bring back wrapped in a pirate flag?

Comment

Hat

It looks very old. I think it may be a movie prop item from the40's. Could also be from the period, used during the war in a film. I really don't think it is a repro.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
              Is the seller in Chicago? Maybe a vet bring back wrapped in a pirate flag?
              Your from Illinois Brian K. Why don't you stop by and see us at Concord and we can talk about your ongoing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                Your from Illinois Brian K. Why don't you stop by and see us at Concord and we can talk about your ongoing issues.
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

It belonged to Lord Haw Haw. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                    It belonged to Lord Haw Haw. Jacques
                    I went on Google.com and found this link on Lord Haw Haw.

I never heard of him.

Thought those of us in the USA might find it interesting who aren't familar with him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Haw-Haw

Comment

so "good for laughs only" - maybe not Lord Haw Haw - maybe from the old TV show "Hee Haw".

Comment

WOW!!! Comon guys!

Comment

Here are some really non text book ( Italian ) made eagles.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=italian+eagle

I would like to see the interior of the hat also. The chincord looks Italian and I have seen brims of the visor done with that edging also. It does look cheesy and could be a movie prop.

Auslander In Italien ? I want to see more

Comment

I'd like to see that hat "in hand" too. Just for fun if nothing else. I find it difficult to just dismiss it without actually seeing it, though. I am not as all-knowing as others who have commented on this thread...

Tom

Comment

As to the interesting band - didn't war games umpires (or whatever they were called) wear a red (add-on) band to their caps while observing the activities?

RC

Comment

I personally like the Bird's Eye Maple visor, probably a piece of Hitler's desk.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X