No announcement yet.

Beat up DAK Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good to see a cap that you can look at right away and know that it is fine.
    Congratulations on a good purchase.

Mark

Comment

No doubts. A nice cap.

Comment

Nice cap alright but no one so far has commented on the very rare feature of this cap having an RB number and a full makers name plus address, now you do not see that very often if ever.

If this was a dagger that would increase the value enormously, "double marked"

and in fact this is a very valuable for cap collectors as well because how often do we actually get to find out which makers used which RB numbers.

An excellent find indeed, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
          Nice cap alright but no one so far has commented on the very rare feature of this cap having an RB number and a full makers name plus address, now you do not see that very often if ever.

If this was a dagger that would increase the value enormously, "double marked"

and in fact this is a very valuable for cap collectors as well because how often do we actually get to find out which makers used which RB numbers.

An excellent find indeed, Chris
          Good observation Chris. As you mentioned RB #'s and makers mark are not often seen together and I agree it's a rare feature. However, in my opinion it is not that rare or out of this world. I own and I have seen many examples with such 'combo' not only in caps but in tunics. If you asked me such feature would not do anything regarding the value of the item , up or down. Just another 'little' oddity among others (my humble opinion of course).

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by TONY Q.W. View Post
            Good observation Chris. As you mentioned RB #'s and makers mark are not often seen together and I agree it's a rare feature. However, in my opinion it is not that rare or out of this world. I own and I have seen many examples with such 'combo' not only in caps but in tunics. If you asked me such feature would not do anything regarding the value of the item , up or down. Just another 'little' oddity among others (my humble opinion of course).

Regards,
            I agree with what you say Tony and the point I was making was in fact the value which dagger collectors put on such a feature plus other areas of Third Reich Militaria collecting such as badges & buckles.

I hope you noted the RB numbers and the makers because to date this has been our only source of reference in trying to crack these RB/ RF codes.

When I think about it more it is surprising that cap collectors do value this point highly but then again how often do you actually get to handle such a cap.

An under-rated feature then perhaps ?

Chris

Comment

Nice cap!

Looks like a headshot.. The whole innercap is red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                I agree with what you say Tony and the point I was making was in fact the value which dagger collectors put on such a feature plus other areas of Third Reich Militaria collecting such as badges & buckles.

I hope you noted the RB numbers and the makers because to date this has been our only source of reference in trying to crack these RB/ RF codes.

When I think about it more it is surprising that cap collectors do value this point highly but then again how often do you actually get to handle such a cap.

An under-rated feature then perhaps ?

Chris
                Hi Chris,

I see what are you're saying. I own (just my self) an M43 cap, one M43 tunic and one pair of low boots with both the RB's and the makers name & address. I have never thought that there is exta value there. Now that you're mention it, I may reconsider their value.

Regards,

Comment

Chris,
                  If you are coming up to the Mainland Arms Show remind me to show you my officers m40...
                  Again, wonderful cap - even with the rampant rat damage!
                  Mark.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NZMark; 02-15-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Robert,

A good text book example that you will be able to add one heck of a story to when friends visit ,,, I like it a lot ..

Being a German edged weapon collector as well I totally agree with Chris in regards to these proud manufacturers who in the beginning of 43 refused to only use the then new RBNr system and chose to add their fine names along with the ordered RBNr ,,

This also happened to edged weapon manufacturers earlier on in the way of an RZM numbering system but again thankfully a lot of them ( not all ) chose to double stamp and in the world of German dagger collecting a piece such as this definitely commands a higher price ..

Now thanks to your posting Robert anyone owning a 43 or later dated Dak field cap with this RBNr can now put a name to a cap in his or her collection ,, Pretty important and I for one would always be over the moon to find a double stamped field cap ,,,

enjoy it
                    Paul l k.

Comment

Thank you all for the insightful comments. It's nice that common enlisted field caps (in terms of numbers issued, not collector terms) are so well appreciated! Regards, Robert

Comment

Damn Right They Are

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Meyer View Post
                          Looks like a headshot.. The whole innercap is red!!!

I'd love one of these, especially if it was at a discount

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X