No announcement yet.

Panzer m43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same stamp as we've seen in the Org Todt caps I believe.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bringing this back up as another Halfar fieldcap has turned up.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post3457164

Comment

Nice to see that this thread just will not die.

Good detective work Ben and full credit for staying on the trail when others have just put it in the "too hard basket"

The two caps you show are period Halfar M43's for sure. The manufacturer's footprints are there 100%. Note the LW example has a 1942 date so that is what they were using in 42 which is what we have also found on their tropical M40 caps, now what stamps did they use use in 43, 44 and 45 ? Did all factories/ divisions of the factory use the same stamp ? I believe that Halfar used more than one stamp but what you show Ben is perhaps the most desirable version of the stamp.

One distressing thing about this thread and study however, I posted via member "ebony" some close up images of a comparison of the button holes. These were my last contribution to this yet they are no longer able to be seen.

Have the moderartors edited this and why remove the button hole pictures or have they been lost for some technical reason ?

Have other postings been removed ?

Could someone please enlighten me,

Chris
        Last edited by 90th Light; 08-29-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
          One distressing thing about this thread and study however, I posted via member "ebony" some close up images of a comparison of the button holes. These were my last contribution to this yet they are no longer able to be seen.

Have the moderartors edited this and why remove the button hole pictures or have they been lost for some technical reason ?

Have other postings been removed ?

Could someone please enlighten me,

Chris

Well, I just went through the entire thread and unless I missed it, don't see anything deleted by either Glenn or me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
            Well, I just went through the entire thread and unless I missed it, don't see anything deleted by either Glenn or me.
            Thank you for your work here Mike,

an apology is in order from me on this one because I had posted the images I was looking for on another thread called "M 43 Panzer Cap" which I have just brought back up to the top again so anyone who wants to can see them.

All I can say is I must be getting old or we had too many threads going at the time about Halfar Panzer M43's but once again thank you for double checking this for me.

My mistake, Chris

Comment

I've been through this thread and it looks more to me like a witch hunt on a very reputed collector than on a discussion of a cap.
              If you're not happy with a cap or another item than sell it. This cap is for me 100% original.
              Maybe it's better to think first and give comment on the item to be discussed than given comment on a person. Nobody is perfect.
              Scott, you have my support

Jan

Comment

Jan, you must have been reading a different thread to me then. There's pages and pages of info on Halfar stamped caps.

Comment

Yes, indeed Ben, but you can't deny that it also has become a thread on Scott, certainly in the beginning, and that I dissaprove, just wanted to say this.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by GD/LW View Post
                    I've been through this thread and it looks more to me like a witch hunt on a very reputed collector than on a discussion of a cap.
                    If you're not happy with a cap or another item than sell it. This cap is for me 100% original.
                    Maybe it's better to think first and give comment on the item to be discussed than given comment on a person. Nobody is perfect.
                    Scott, you have my support

Jan

Jan, you can buy the cap from me. I will sell it at 1/2 what I paid for it. It will be the biggest bargain ever for you. Or maybe you can buy the other fake black m43 sold by Scott. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                      Jan, you can buy the cap from me. I will sell it at 1/2 what I paid for it. It will be the biggest bargain ever for you. Or maybe you can buy the other fake black m43 sold by Scott. Jacques
                      If I had the money, and this is no joke, I would buy it immediately, believe me, even for the price you paid for it Jacques. In fact I would have contacted you. I'm 100% sure the cap is original, but it looks as if some guy's don't like it, that's their right. There are people here on the forum who think they know everything but in fact just pretend and there are those who seldom speak but know a lot.
                      I think it's time that we all look at ourselves and that we stick to the subject instead of starting to tap on a fellow member. The deal is between you and Scott and should stay between you two. You can ask what others think about the cap but not your discussion with Scott.
                      When you ask opinion on a high end subject like an M43 Panzer cap you will always have guy's that like it and those that don't ( often out of jealousy, believe me ). But hey that's just my opinion here and I know there will be fellow members that disagree but that's up to them. I'm just expressing what I think Jacques, I'm not after a quarrel with you.

Jan

Comment

Jan, so what you are saying is that when people are selling questionable or fake items, it is between them and the buyer as a private matter. Man, I am sure the fake sellers will love that. Or does that thought only applies to celebrity fake sellers. May be you want to look at this thread as well http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthrea...ght=panzer+m43 As you said I have no issue with you, just stating as I and many others sees it. Jacques
                        Last edited by jacquesf; 09-03-2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

What I'm trying to say Jacques, and again I'm not after you, is that you have to be honest to others and to yourself. You are offered an M43 cap by Scott. Before you buy it you ask opinions. Some were negative, some positive. Scott was sure the cap is original. Even after the fact that most people, even the "reputed I know everything" guy's, said it was no good, you still bought it. And after how many months did you ask Scott to take it back? Please Jacques let's stay serious and be honest with yourself. I respect you and have great admiration for your collection but I wouldn't return you the money either. And in my opinion you deliberatly put it back for question because you were mad and you wanted Scott's name and fame dragged through the mud.

Jan

Comment

I have carefully read this thread entirely and studied all images posted here.

In my opinion, all "Carl Halfer" panzer M43 caps shown in this thread are fake.

All Russian stamps shown in this thread are fake too. I asked about these stamps on Russian forum yesterday. No one has ever seen these stamps before on any original item in Russia. They said the style (including color) of stamps is wrong and what these stamps say makes no sense. Everybody who saw these stamps are confident that they are fake. They also believe that these "Carl Halfer" fake caps were Not made in Russia and "Carl Halfer" caps have never been in Russia.

What I found as an obvious sign of fakery in these "Carl Halfer" caps is their buttons - on each and every "Carl Halfer" cap the buttons are different. That is a very coomon problem for fakers - original buttons for M43 caps are not easy to find and fakers use whatever they can find. See below I combined all "Carl Halfer" caps shown in this thread in one picture side-by-side

Comment

Food for thoughts for comparizon about stamps, an M42 sidecap actualy offered on this site (item 8883) :

http://armyzdar.cz/en/wh-m42-schiffchen

The carl Halfar stamp inside :

derka

Comment

one more example of original Carl Halfer stamp on LW cap

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X