NSKOV Visor Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that is a great collection.

Also I can't stop complimenting you on your photography skills. What's your technique, lighting etc? What camara do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
      Now that is a great collection.

Also I can't stop complimenting you on your photography skills. What's your technique, lighting etc? What camara do you use?
      Thank you for those kind words and thank you for asking.

I use a very inexpensive Kodak Camera...."EasyShare CX7330" and a lightbox kit that I got at a camera shop at my daughter's direction.

Here is a shot of the set-up that is very far from professional.

RonR

Comment

Hi Ron ,very similar of mine.
        Which is the power of the lights?
        Thanks
        Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
          Hi Ron ,very similar of mine.
          Which is the power of the lights?
          Thanks
          Carlo
          Carlo,

Using 60 Watt CFL Bulbs to save the planet you know!

Best regards my friend,
          RonR

Comment

Probably I don't save the planet ,I use 2 X500 Watt
            What is "CFL" ?
            Carlo

Comment

i have the same cap
              Hans

Comment

Well, it is a little different:
                The ornament on the cap band is not the same style as on Ron's NSKOV

Does that mean anything or is it just depending on the manufacturer?

Comment

Thanks Ron. Great information!!!!

Comment

Ron--how do you get such killer macro shots? When I try to get that close, everything blurs. Can you post a pic of your camera as well?

BTW, is there a name/maker for your lightbox kit? (I am tired of posting sh***ty pics of my stuff)
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by eurocentric View Post
                      Well, it is a little different:
                      The ornament on the cap band is not the same style as on Ron's NSKOV

Does that mean anything or is it just depending on the manufacturer?

Just depends on the maker. Veteran's caps are all over the place in terms of breaking regs. You will see NSKOV insignia on RKB visors; Kyffhauserbund on RKB; RKB on Kyff; RKB on Soldatenbund and vice-versa, etc. Just makers using what is at hand and not having to worry about the RZM or the Heereskleideramt regs.

On the other hand, some of my Vet's visors have the highest quality wool of any of my caps--they have either Cashmere or Angora in them. Go figure.

Heyst, choice piece. I havn't been able to find a stonemint NSKOV in the last 5 years....
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        Just depends on the maker. Veteran's caps are all over the place in terms of breaking regs. You will see NSKOV insignia on RKB visors; Kyffhauserbund on RKB; RKB on Kyff; RKB on Soldatenbund and vice-versa, etc. Just makers using what is at hand and not having to worry about the RZM or the Heereskleideramt regs.

On the other hand, some of my Vet's visors have the highest quality wool of any of my caps--they have either Cashmere or Angora in them. Go figure.

Heyst, choice piece. I havn't been able to find a stonemint NSKOV in the last 5 years....
                        hello stonemint thanks
                        yes the cap is in a verry nice shape (stonemint)
                        regards Hans

Comment

Here is a perfect example of what I call "crossover" between vet organisationen by makers. This is an NSKOV badge on what is a Kyffhauserbund visor. However, this hat has the 1940 badge (looking to its right--the 36-39 badge looked to its left). As we also know, the Kyffhauserbund ceased to exist and was absorbed into the Reichskriegerbund in 1939.

So obviously, hat makers were stuck with excess inventory. How better to be frugal and economical during wartime than to use a left-over, unused Kyffhauser visor and attach an NSKOV eagle to it?:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here you can see that there are no holes in the band from a prior Kyff wreath:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

No doubt that this was left-over stock of the maker:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                                Ron--how do you get such killer macro shots? When I try to get that close, everything blurs. Can you post a pic of your camera as well?

BTW, is there a name/maker for your lightbox kit? (I am tired of posting sh***ty pics of my stuff)
                                Chris,

Here are the details on the lightbox:

RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X