• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitlers visor

this one doesnt look so bad at all.....

NOT Hitlers hat!

Hi,

The center piping (along the top of the cap band) should be white. The lack of a sweat shield, label and sweatband would set my radar off.

I think most of Hitlers hats were made by Holters weren't they?

Diane

Comment

Looks like one of those 60's fakes....
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Well the visor is wrong,the insignia is wrong should be bullion the two of them, Hitlers hat had the eagle directly built into the body of the cap and as the other member have said the white piping is missing, this is a VERY poor attempt

Federico

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          Looks like one of those 60's fakes....
          I AGREE THAT THIS IS A POOR FAKE. I DO NOT RECALL SEEING SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN THE 60'S. I WOULD MOVE THE ERA UP TO MID 70'S.
          ON A SIDE NOTE, AROUND TEN YEARS AGO, AN ORIGINAL EXAMPLE WAS BROUGHT IN TO A CHICAGO AREA MILITARIA SHOP BY AN OLDER GENTLEMAN ALONG WITH SOME GORING ITEMS. THE DEALER DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE HAT WAS AND MADE A LOW OFFER. THE MAN KNEW WHAT IT WAS AND STATED, "NOT VERY MUCH FOR ONE OF HITLER'S HAT!" HE AND ALL OF HIS LOOT LEFT THE STORE WITHOUT SELLING ANYTHING. IT IS STILL OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
            ON A SIDE NOTE, AROUND TEN YEARS AGO, AN ORIGINAL EXAMPLE WAS BROUGHT IN TO A CHICAGO AREA MILITARIA SHOP BY AN OLDER GENTLEMAN ALONG WITH SOME GORING ITEMS. THE DEALER DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE HAT WAS AND MADE A LOW OFFER. THE MAN KNEW WHAT IT WAS AND STATED, "NOT VERY MUCH FOR ONE OF HITLER'S HAT!" HE AND ALL OF HIS LOOT LEFT THE STORE WITHOUT SELLING ANYTHING. IT IS STILL OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.
            What ... the hunt is on... although I'm sure it is tucked away in some high end collector's display room now.

Comment

I dont think he is serious!... check out the bottom left hand corner of each photo......

Cheers, Les.

Comment

Originally posted by ApathyL View Post
                I dont think he is serious!... check out the bottom left hand corner of each photo......

Cheers, Les.

Hahaha! Some fish do get thirsty I guess!

Thorn

Comment

Originally posted by ApathyL View Post

Cheers, Les.
                  Its that damn Imagehack photo- uploader.....

And by the way, this visor is offered as a fake/reproduction and NOT as an genuine item (of course)...

martin

Comment

Mostly had been said here...

This of course is a fake. BUT I do NOT agree that the insignia should be bullion. All photos (good ones, color ones, BIG ones) I have seen from the Berghof etc show that all Insignia are metal ones. The story from eagle directly stitched into the cap is rumoring since decades now... why? I guess because Janke Caps show directly stitched cocade etc..

But if you compare original photos (and I do not mean compare to other caps, people guess they are original... I mean ORIGINAL period photos from Hitler) it is obvious that all insignia had been made from metall. Maybe goldpleated... who knows - but definitly metall, not stitched!!!

regards
                    Forseti

Comment

Originally posted by Forseti View Post
                      ... All photos (good ones, color ones, BIG ones) I have seen from the Berghof etc show that all Insignia are metal ones. ....
                      Hi Forseti,

could you share some of these photos with us? I just checked a book that I have on Walter Frentz and can't say that I'd agree. I have to admit, however, that I have so far never really been intersted in Hitler's visors...

Comment

Hi Kurt!

I ve seen a lot of Films (filmed by Eva Braun) and have seen lot of Pictures (for example in the book HITLERS BERGHOF, publishe by german Arndt-Verlag) that also includes photos from Walter Frentz). Ive looked again there and maybe you are right...Now it seems that the oaks (arround the cocade) is handembroired. I had been confused by the cocade itself that is clearly made from metall! I am not sure on the eagle... again. the cocade is metall, the ( id dont know the english word for it: in german it is Eichenlaub or Mützenkranz) the oaks arround the cocade is embroired... the eagle? I dont know...

However: Hitler had different caps. So in the end it is not sure if they had been all made the same way.

I ve never seen an original one, except the bad pictures made in the documentation (where the KGB shows his teeths, cap, jacket etc).

And who knows if this cap is real...

P.S. What the title of the book you mentioned?

Comment

BUT GUYS _ You can see the eagle's wing is cracked where Adolf shot himself in the head - it has to be his! The bullet hole is just gravy...

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                            I remember you mentioning that before Bob! Maybe the owner has since died and the family says- good, now we can throw this junk away!

Comment

Collectors Armory sold these in the 70's I think I remember seeing them in hunting mags too. I think the Russians have one or more of his hats one may be in the Moscow Museum. I thought someone told me this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X