Need information on Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need information on Maker

I would like more information on this cap maker. If anyone knows anything or anywhere I can find it that would be extremely helpful. I know it's Aloyse Mies, but i would like to learn more about he history of the ALMI uniform factory...here is a stamp from a Luftwaffe fliegermutze

Comment

Erel is correct. ALMI stands for Aloyse Mies, who made primarily Luftwaffe tropical overseas caps and uniforms for the Luftwaffe. They were based out of Koblenz. However, in 1940, when the Nazis invaded Luxembourg, they appropriated a Jewish-owned clothing factory in Pfaffenthal, and apparently made uniforms there until 1945. Prior to the war, and after, it went by the name Vestimenta.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Rechnung for ALMI circa 1929
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I believe the invoice reads "ALfred MIess" not Aloyse Mies.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            Erel is correct. ALMI stands for Aloyse Mies, who made primarily Luftwaffe tropical overseas caps and uniforms for the Luftwaffe. They were based out of Koblenz. However, in 1940, when the Nazis invaded Luxembourg, they appropriated a Jewish-owned clothing factory in Pfaffenthal, and apparently made uniforms there until 1945. Prior to the war, and after, it went by the name Vestimenta.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Thanks for the very interesting Information on the Almi Factory .

Comment

Again: Inhaber (Proprietor) AL-fred MI-ess, A-L-F-R-E-D --M-I-E-S-S.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X