police cap is she ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

police cap is she ok?

cool well im posting these pics for forum member panzer 224! il let him tell the story though!
    Attached Files

and a far away shot!
    Attached Files

Comment

more pics should be on the way soon!

Comment

and this is where panzer224 got it!

"ok, well the story behind it is that I bought this a week or two ago at thames army surplus in groton, CT. It is a mint condition officers polizei visor cap. I traded and payed for it and it is a great cap"

'

Comment

Originally posted by paddywhack View Post
          more pics should be on the way soon!
          Definitely need more pics

Comment

As many of you know, I like police visor caps a lot. So I asked Panzer224 to send me some additional shots of the cap. When the interior pics arrived, I was a bit worried. I do not like what I am seeing.
            Perhaps others would like to give their opinions.
            Doug
            Attached Files

Comment

I would just like to say that I got it at thames army surplus in groton, CT. I go there a lot and from how I know him he is a very respecable dealer selling many good german items and he has a ton of books to look this up in and he promised me it was original and I really want to know about it because I traded an early 1935 HJ beltbuckle, post war belt, matching ammo pouches, a police breadbag, a post war german helmet, and an ike jacket with a british made patch. I would like to know what anyone else who has been to this dealer knows because I am a loyal customer to him

Comment

and the other pics!
                Attached Files

Comment

next up!
                  Attached Files

Comment

and last up!
                    Attached Files

Comment

That interior shot is all I need. Pass.

Comment

any chance of telling us why she might be bad as the owner is really only starting and if he has to take it back to the dealer the dealer thinks we are a bunch of "yahoos" so he might need explain why!!

Comment

We can start off by saying that police visors are never pipped in white, unless there is a branch i havn't seen. Secondly the liner should be an oil cloth, never seen a dark green color like this one. The size tag is not correct either, tag is all sorts of wrong. Front insignia has a chance of being ok, but that is hard to say with out close ups. Think the new member may have gotten hosed. Matt

Comment

and sadly he is a very young collector just starting out!

Comment

Janke ground-up repro--have your friend tell the dealer to read the Janke thread.
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X