Black Luftwaffe M43 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Luftwaffe M43 ???

Has anyone seen one like this? I not sure what to make of it, so I don't want to jump to any misconceived conclusions. The hat appears original, makers label LAGO, so I guess that would make it private purchase. Made from black wool, black cotton lined, leather sweat band. The silver piping has been hand applied. Hopefully the pictures should do the talking

Opinions please
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

post war cap imo with insignia added interesting white ?added as crown piping not sure if insignias are good il let the luftwaffe guys decide oops sorry though you were done loading pics
              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Are you sure it is black because it coming across as a dark blue-grey shade of color on my monitor. For it to be black one you want it to be jet-black one,

Chris

Comment

Yep it is black, I took the pictures in bright sunlight so maybe that accounts for the tinge, but it is black....

Was this maker around postwar?

Comment

With the LAGO label and general feel of it I'm reasonably confident it is pre 45, as to whether it started as a luftwaffe cap that is what I'm not sure about.

Thanks for the pm's

Comment

Originally posted by David H View Post
                      With the LAGO label and general feel of it I'm reasonably confident it is pre 45, as to whether it started as a luftwaffe cap that is what I'm not sure about.

Thanks for the pm's
                      "LAGO" stamps have been applied to reproductions, so the LAGO mark is not proof of a good cap. The insignia is period WWII, a positive. Would want a hands on inspection before commenting on the cap itself.
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

didnt the hg pz. div. use a black m-43?

as to the logo, remarkably the main part is identical to the flash-card logo on my computer desk top!

anyhow, I don't like the shape or the sweatband. no evidence; just gut reax.

Comment

John, how rare are the black backed droop tail M43 eagles like on this one? I've not seen many. Any idea on value? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
                            John, how rare are the black backed droop tail M43 eagles like on this one? I've not seen many. Any idea on value? Thanks.
                            Jack, this particular style of eagle is rare with black (or tropical) backing. Black backed cap eagles are not all that rare in the later patterns. Have one friend with an entire bundled stack which originally came from George Petersen.
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X