Odd Erel Stirndruckfrei System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Erel Stirndruckfrei System

I found these pics while going thru my hard-drive, and I don't recall where they came from. In any even, it is a full-circumference stirndruckfrei system on an Erel. I would have to believe a replaced s/b--any other opinions? These are all the pics I have:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Pic 2:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Pic 3--it is non-ventilated, and just has standard perforations. Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

never seen a sweatband fixed in that way in a Erel
        The stitchin seems a little bit odd.Perhaps you are right sw replaced
        Maybe Nick can help
        Carlo

Comment

That's a first I've seen as well. My guess would be changed/added depending on how you look at it.

Comment

Replaced IMO. Never did I see an Erel like that before.

Comment

I agree, but it is a very professional job, and there is a definate lack of wear to the inside. Ersatz replaced with leather? Wartime repair? If anyone has this cap, I would love to see some under the hood shots.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Possibly a wartime "comfort" modification.

I couldn't for one moment wear common newspaper under my cap band if I were a member of the German Nobility

J T

Comment

The sweatband is not marked with erel logo and is not a erel one IMO.
                  For sure a replacement,but when?
                  Carlo

Comment

Hi Chris, here the link from which pics come:http://coiffures.aceboard.fr/284085-526-6820-0-Erel-Sanitater-Schirmmuetze.htm
                    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
                      The sweatband is not marked with erel logo and is not a erel one IMO.
                      For sure a replacement,but when?
                      Carlo
                      The very basic Erel sweatband is not marked, this one could be one of those real erel sweatbands.

The padded type sweatbands of erel are the ones that are marked as they are part of the patented forehead free of pressure system, whilst the unmarked erel bands have no system to have patents on.

To demonstrate my remarks, here is a pic of my erel panzer that uses the basic unmarked sweatband. For stonemint's pic, the rollever effect has been dispensed with to be able to sew in the velvet insert.

We are in a hobby where the normal is expected, when your nation faces total collapse, the norm is dispensed with. Also, once you have bought your cap, a few personal changes can be expected, a bit like pimping your wheels

J T
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey JT--have you posted that one before? Is it Pz or Generalstab? Must be my early Alzheimers if so. Anyway, I love those Eastern Deutschland distributed caps.

I agree about the sweatband on the one I posted--its a professional job, and I am on the side of believing wartime done (probably to get rid of one of those paper Erel s/b's).
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
                          The very basic Erel sweatband is not marked, this one could be one of those real erel sweatbands.

The padded type sweatbands of erel are the ones that are marked as they are part of the patented forehead free of pressure system, whilst the unmarked erel bands have no system to have patents on.

J T
                          Hello JT ,I know exatly the erel's sweatband without the pressure patent with no mark.
                          Your's is a textbook, the one posted by Stone is not.Look at the vented holes,in your the zone is longer than the otherone.
                          I don't think is a original erel.
                          Ciao
                          Carlo
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X