Erel infantry officer visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear All,

Thank you for your input gentlemen. I was just about to spend $800 into that cap when I thought it could do with a little check around. I am glad I did it!!!

Thank you Glenn for your efficiency. The outcome was deserved...

Comment

Thats a big DOH!!!

Comment

ONE THING THAT WE ARE ALL FORGETTING HERE IS THAT

This cap is actually entitled to be an officer cap.

The Offizer Kleiderkasse mark is the proof.

I have in the past, seen a dealer in the UK selling an Erel Infantry cap similar to this one, that had the Kleiderkasse mark as this one, yet had an OR/NCO chin cord.

The only difference with that one was it had silver officer buttons. That cap must have lost its silver chin cord and a collector wacked on a leather OR job.

This cap discussed in this thread must have started off as an officer originally, as I believe the Offizer Kleiderkasse was open to officers only.

The name of the game here is to say that the cord is replaced when selling it, this one actually has a bonafida reason to change the cord.

J T

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
          ONE THING THAT WE ARE ALL FORGETTING HERE IS THAT

This cap is actually entitled to be an officer cap.

The Offizer Kleiderkasse mark is the proof.

I have in the past, seen a dealer in the UK selling an Erel Infantry cap similar to this one, that had the Kleiderkasse mark as this one, yet had an OR/NCO chin cord.

The only difference with that one was it had silver officer buttons. That cap must have lost its silver chin cord and a collector wacked on a leather OR job.

This cap discussed in this thread must have started off as an officer originally, as I believe the Offizer Kleiderkasse was open to officers only.

The name of the game here is to say that the cord is replaced when selling it, this one actually has a bonafida reason to change the cord.

J T
          Your point is made. Now, what about the insigna!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aterrasse View Post
            Your point is made. Now, what about the insigna!!!
            It would be interesting to know why the vented cockade was swapped, as this is what makes these cap's what they are.

Only the seller knows

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F View Post
              What ever the facts may be the particular hat you are trying to sell was at one time an NCO visor not an officers. So it has been messed with if not by you then by somebody else that is quite clear friend Just calls em likes i seez em.
              Somebody made it an NCO from an Officer

J T

my earlier point confirms this, maybe the cap was without chin cord and someone had NCO stuff and didn't realise what Offizer Kleiderkasse means

J T

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X