No announcement yet.

Cap Cleaning Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cap that most of us only dream about. What an amazing find! What a fantastic addition to your collection. Thanks for showing it...Tom

Comment

Bob,

Wise decision on not cleaning. At the rate cloning technology is going there should be enough DNA left in your hat to have the original owner cloned eventually. Just joking of course...the whole world wants to know, where is that fifth hat? Congratulations on your find.

Richard P

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
        the whole world wants to know, where is that fifth hat?
        Richard P
        There are at least two more, in "sleeper" collections of reclusive collectors.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hello,

Amazing cap...
          By the way, has anybody here any period picture of that cap with BeVo insignas in use?

Thanks

Comment

Dear Bob

If you want that Cap cleaned forward it to my address for the best job, my turnaround time on these project is give or take 60 years.

Comment

I think dirt adds character, but if you're just dying to clean it.
              A little dish washing detergent works great. A little Joy, Dove, Ajax, etc. in some warm water, let it soak a while, work it in with your fingers, rinse and presto, brand new. It's very mild and designed to remove oil & grease.

You can try it on a piece of cloth insignia to test it if you like.

Edit: Didn't notice this was an old thread, doh!

Regards,
              Mike

Comment

Several fotos in (sp?) wenn alle bruder schleigen.. HAIG verlag book from back in the 80s or 70 s I believe..Billbert

Comment

Hello Billbert,

Thanks for the reply.
                  I have that book but I honestly don't remember the pictures now...are you sure there are several pictures with the BeVo insignas on?

Best Regards

Comment

Page 277 has the clearest photos of the insignia in wear.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                      Page 277 has the clearest photos of the insignia in wear.

Bob Hritz
                      Jepp, nice periode reference pics. Congrats with a wonderful cap Bob. Best, norge

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X