Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer Visor cap

Hi headgear experts,

I have a thread posted on the SS Cloth forum on an SS Officers Visor cap. I've gotten a couple of thumbs down on the cap. Partly due to the insignia and partly due to the cap itself. Does anyone have some clear pictures of a good SS Officer Visor cap that I can use for future reference? Any additional comments on the other thread would also be appreciated.

Thanks
    John

Here is my W SS officers visor hat. It was personalized with a stylised VW initials of the original owner.. I liked that feature when I got it back in the early 80s. Hope this helps some. The flash kind of bleaches the piping which is actually off white due to age. Landy
    Attached Files

Comment

eagle and piping.
      Attached Files

Comment

Side view
        Attached Files

Comment

rear details
          Attached Files

Comment

Interior
            Attached Files

Comment

Who was V.W? maybe he is in the SS roster.
              Attached Files

Comment

inside front sweatband and visor. Note finger wear to right side.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thin but stiff sweatshield "Sonderklasse". Has small Ges. Gesch. bottom of silvered diamond and small man logo with arms out at top of diamond. Anyone know that maker?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Side detail of chinstrap button and hat construction. I didnt shoot shots under the sweatband which would be helpful, because I didnt want to stress the fragile leather any more than necessary. I might try to get one shot there as its well worth looking at. It will try it later.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Landy, would you mind showing the lining with the leather folded up?
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

Landy,

Please post close ups of the insignia, especially the skull.

Cheers,
                        Felix

Comment

Schellenberg

The maker is Schellenberg of Berlin. The man (on the sweat shield...) in question is, actually, a bear (as in Bear-lin...). Schellenberg did make grey SS caps and I have examined more than one example of same. Wilkins can speak to the particulars of this Muetzenhersteller.

Comment

Thanks Donald for that insight. Now I see the bear. I will try to figure a way to shoot under the band (and will get a shot of the skull.) . It wont stay down easily besause of the initial band sewn at the back. A two man job.
                            Last edited by Landy Hardy; 03-10-2006, 08:05 PM.

Comment

The Skull
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X