NSKK-Luftwaffe Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK-Luftwaffe Visor

Did anyone here win this? It was on Ebay, and ended up going for 606 Euros--I was going to bid, but it was already too high by the time the auction got close to ending. It does look good, and is rare.

The problem is that the seller did not have the original eagle, and finding a bullion NSKK eagle to match would be a major b**ch, and probably would cost almost as much as the hat.

The seller wasn't sure what it was, but obviously other bidders did.
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

It did not look like the band had been replaced, and no stitching above/below piping:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

LW-NSKK other side:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Looks good under the hood...
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I am 99% sure I know this maker--anyone wanna guess?
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Anyway, I have a feeling we will see this for sale again in the not-so-distant future with an incorrect and/or replaced eagle....
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hello Chris ,I tryed to get it ,but I was out for dinner and somemeone went forward my offer
              Cheers
              Carlo

Comment

Chris,
                I saw this, too and almost bid, but then had to go out before it finished. I had some questions about the visor material and sweatband (not necessarily bad!). What did you think about them?
                Best,
                Leroy

Comment

Leroy, my "gut" liked it--but not enough to go to almost $1000 without a return guarantee. This maker uses a thicker S/b, thats why i liked it--it seemed to have the standard characteristics.

I am 90% sure it was good--I just don't like restoring caps, or then owning "restored" caps.

I will see if I have pics this maker somewhere.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Chris,
                    Thanks! I think you felt the same as me.
                    When you have a chance, I'd love to know who you think the maker was. I saw the mark on the interior and it looked familiar, but I couldn't place it.
                    Anyway, first one of these I've seen for sale in quite a while.
                    Best,
                    Leroy

Comment

Leroy--it actually is somewhat of an obscure maker, Louis Lorz of Darmstadt--that is what clinched it for me.
                      ( I recall that this was from an NCO DRK visor that was in my possession a while ago--unfortunately, I can't find my other pics of the hat.)
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Chris,
                        Great information. Goes to show how important and useful it is to be familiar with a large range of makers. Good work, as usual!
                        Best,
                        Leroy

Comment

Delete
                          Last edited by Leroy; 03-31-2008, 04:22 PM. Reason: Double post! Delete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X