Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Tropical Cap Opinions?

Hello,

I was looking for opinions on the Luftwaffe overseas cap whether original or a reproduction.

If it's original what would be a fair offer to make for it? I'd like to pick it up and use as trading material for buckles.

Any help/opinions is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ssteve; 01-29-2008, 09:52 PM.

pic #2
    Attached Files

Comment

close up eagle
      Attached Files

Comment

Last picture...thanks for helping
        Attached Files

Comment

Original but not a tropical cap. It is a drill cap to be worn with the drill Fliegerbluse type of jacket for non-combat grunt work. I'd say it's a $150 or so cap.
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I don't think that is a tropical hat but rather a white, HBT, drill or mechanics hat. I have one very similar to yours but it is in LW blue and is considered a mechanics hat.

Steve

Comment

Of course Gene beat me to the punch on this. Cheers! Steve

Comment

Great information guys ! This is exactly what I needed to know ! You really saved me from making a finacial mistake and I appreciate it.

Many thanks,
                Steve

Comment

While I'll agree with the other gentleman on what this is, I'll disagree as to value. This is much rarer than the black version and I challenge others to show me more examples... As a matter-of-fact, I would consider it much harder to find than a tropical hat although it may lack the appeal of one.

Comment

Rarity doesn't always equal a higher value than a more common piece. No interest/lack of interest = lower collector appeal, lower price. Just my 2ยข
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I agree 100% and proven time and again in this hobby. One would have to find the "type" collector" looking for one and may have to wait a while but still, a hard to find hat, especially in this condition. I think I could find 6 nice tropical hats for every one of these -- maybe more. And the tropical hats would always be priced higher. Go figure

Comment

Truely a tough 1 to find out there.........Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X