Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Italian Gabardine question

Hello All

Were the m43 einheitsfeldmutze made of italian gabardine (the Statni examples), worn by the wehrmacht and ss? I only see pictures of these caps with ss insignia. Are there people who have a m43 made of italian gabardine from the statni film with heer insignia? Or did the almost never had insignia attached on it.

If these caps were worn by both, wehrmacht and ss what were the difference?

Thanks in advance

Erwin

nobody?

Comment

yes

Yes, issue army examples exist in gabardine.

Mark

Comment

I have the heer EM tunic in the iron gabardine. I would love to find an M-43 cap, in that same iron gabardine.

Does anyone have a photo of one, in their collection?

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

Mark, how can i see when if it is wehrmacht or ss. All i see is the statni film examples with ss insignia. Period done and post war added ss insignia. What i have read is that most statni examples had no insignia attached on it. I asked this because i have a nice m43 in italian gabrdine with post war attached WH isignia.

Regards Erwin

Comment

well I think that the czech film ones did have original applied W-SS insignia on them. I have one with the original eagle on it, that Mike Beaver confirmed a couple years back.
            There are also original Gabardine caps with Heer insignia on them. Just because it is gabardine, don't think it is necessarily W-SS, as Most Gabardien were probably Heer and became W-SS later. IMO

Comment

Thanks Jerry,

I like it alot with Heer insignia. My question was only if it also could be used by Heer

Regards Erwin

Comment

Tarnmilitaria from this forum has a very nice near mint garbardine cap HEER for sale.

best wishes

Karel

Comment

The heer used the Italian gabardine for the M43 cap (and M43 and 44 jackets and pants)
                  I have seen 2 or 3 original heer cap made with this material.

does someone has ever seen a M43 wss tunic in Italian gabardine ??

Comment

I know of a W-SS assault gun tunic in Italian gabardine cloth.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Are there known examples of M43 caps without the front buttons? I have one with 2 front buttons but no button holes?

Regards Erwin
                      Last edited by Erwin L; 02-13-2008, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X