Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Officer Visor W/ Dragoon Eagle

Hi fellow collectors,
    This just came up on eBay and it looks good to me. I'm not bidding on it, here's the link; http://cgi.ebay.com/H51-PANZER-OFFIC...QQcmdZViewItem

Dragoon eagle on pink piped cap? Figured it would be yellow. Restitched sweatband?

Comment

Scary cap in my opinion. Looks to be a 'half way' type between officer and enlisted. Upgrade? Sweat diamond looks quite plastic to me. bullion insignia looks OK.

Comment

Am I in the twilight zone here. Dragoon aside that cap is 100% correct. No re-stitched sweatband, no plastic diamond. It is a prewar cap with all the traits of a prewar cap, oxidized silver chin cord, correct prewar insignia, bla bla bla. I have also seen this maker before. Oh one more thing. That chin cord is correct too. No bozo humping up a visor would have known to use a silver chin cord on a mid 30's cap. Plus they are very hard to find if he even knew that would be the correct type for the cap.
        Last edited by NTZ; 01-12-2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

...this is the type cap I would chase all day long!!! Absolutely beautiful....the traditions badge aside!!
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Ditto!!Billbert

Comment

Morning,

Based on what you see in the photos, are you boys saying that you believe the Dragoon eagle is not original to the cap?

Thank you,
              George

Comment

Originally posted by dukhunter View Post
                Morning,

Based on what you see in the photos, are you boys saying that you believe the Dragoon eagle is not original to the cap?

Thank you,
                George
                It is hard to say for sure. I would have liked to see more patina on it but who can say for sure?

It also looks like this thread is good advertisment. Bids went from $425-$1,000 since this thread, lol.
                Last edited by NTZ; 01-13-2008, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I have two visors with the dragon on,and are not so shining in comparison with the hat,are toned.IMO is a recent upgrade.
                  Carlo

Comment

It would be a two-second check to see if it is original to the visor in hand. If the prongs left dark marks on the lining it is original too it, if not it is not.

Comment

Thank you, Nick! I just have a passing interest in the cap and am more intereted in learning a bit more about it than buying it. Would you normally expect to see the pins pushed all the way through the cap lining? Can you surmise from that the the dragoon insignia was added on at some point after the cap was produced?

Thank you,
                      George

Comment

Originally posted by dukhunter View Post
                        Thank you, Nick! I just have a passing interest in the cap and am more intereted in learning a bit more about it than buying it. Would you normally expect to see the pins pushed all the way through the cap lining? Can you surmise from that the the dragoon insignia was added on at some point after the cap was produced?

Thank you,
                        George
                        With things like traditions badges or Dragoon’s 90% of the times they are pushed through the lining. No problem there. To determine if it is original to the visor is pure subjective. The best you can do is look to see if it has signs of being there a long time. These would be add-on after production.

Comment

Nick,

Again, I thank you for your input. It certainly is a nice looking cap. It would be too bad if someone stuck this insignia on such a nice cap just to make a few extra bucks but like you said, hard to tell if original to the cap or not.

Thank you,
                          George

Comment

That is a very nice looking original cap, can't wait to see what it goes for. As for the Dragon Eagle, probably added after the fact, but if someone here wins it, please post more pics

Comment

$2,499.99 and 5 more days to go. It never ceases to amaze me what these thing will sell for.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X