No announcement yet.

Opinion on Luft Officer visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your goods comments and appreciation.
    I was first looking to buy an early type visor but this one came alone and I just couldn't resist. I must admit though, that the feature that really caught my eyes was the logo.
    I had never seen this type of maker marked before and it is really beautiful.
    The fact that it seems that this maker is very rare, just makes this visor so much more exciting to own.

As a side note, we can clearly see that the manufacture was in Luneburg, in Norther Germany.
    Luneburg is a familiar name as it is here that Heinrich Himmler committed suicide.
    Last edited by patrice; 01-12-2008, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by patrice View Post
      I had never seen this type of maker marked before and it is really beautiful.
      The fact that it seems that this maker is very rare, just makes this visor so much more exciting to own.
      Hallo Patrice Very rare maker indeed
      V. OSTERWALDER was an eReL distributor also.

best regards

Comment

Very nice hat!

I'm not crazy about the eagle. Probably replaced as it looks like an early drooptail.
        On my computer screen the eagle's backing looks purple, while the hat is still blue. I've seen some repro's where a picture taken with a flash will make it look puple, just a thought.

Regards,
        Mike

Comment

Well Patrice, as you now well know it does indeed pay to hold out for the best. Congrats on a fine piece to compliment your tunic/officer ensemble.

Comment

A beautiful visor - please enjoy it! And in a fantastic condition - looks almost unused...

Jack

Comment

Thanks to you guys, I have decided to keep the Luft visor.

Here's my visor in its full glory.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X