I would make a good faker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would make a good faker.

I just thought you guys might be interested in this. I was doing some repair work to a visors I am restoring. The SB was dry rotted and falling apart. I resewn the SB back in using the old holes. I am not that talented but this goes to show how easy it is for fakers, especially those with talent to put a visor back together. I don’t know what you guys think but I think my stitch job would pass most inspections.
    Attached Files

Great job amazing you are the best

Comment

Very nice work.. EYEOPENING observation too!! Billbert

Comment

wow

Comment

Man, after this we're gonna have to search NTZ for a pair of pinking shears....
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

If you can do this you can also make some kinky underwear...

Yes, I think a good tailor, who's work is also his hobby can restore/make everything..., problem is the amount of time.......> money involved..
            Most fakers still try to work cheap IMO, but the more expensive WE make our stuff in this hobby, the more better/best fakes will show up, saying we dig our own grave at the end and with all knowledge we will loose the battle..,that's for sure !
            Look at some recent badges, only a matter of a few tiny things and there will be no difference between old and new anymore..
            All this because of the price, .. the price.., the cash.., the money..
            To be more specific.., we will pay the price..., if they reach a point to make a perfect item and they're really close.., we can brag about our originals, but what's original at that point ?....
            They only need one more step at some point..
            Many items already pass inspection in our hobby, I've never seen so many jackets with cufftitles the last few years as I've seen whole my life, to name a field.., goes to show about many other items..., but once good it's good and here you go..
            There's already much polution, while we think we have control and it'll get worse.

Jos.

Comment

As someone who is obsessed with spotting other peoples handiwork post 1945 I think it is only right to attempt it yourself. It gives you a better sense of feel and what to look for. At least IMO. I am sure Ben will tell you that too.

Well yesterday this SB was hanging on by a few dry rotted threads. Today she has a new life.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's one I did recently..

You see what moths did plus a half loose SB..and the fixing..

Jos.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice restoration work. A true craftsman.

Comment

Great handworking skills! Jos, could you please show us some further pictures of your white LW Pilot/para from the top - thanks!

Jack

Comment

Nick, Jos, nice work amigos!

Nick, you're spot on when you say that repairing these things can really give you a different feel for what's period or not, what's right and what's wrong. Worked for me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X