No announcement yet.

Reichsbahn red top visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

between the sweatband and the cardboard I finded a newspaper maybe for reducing the size.
    Unfortunally I don't speak german for translate it
    Attached Files

Comment

Real clean, well done,, EXCELLENT!

Comment

I'm not into civil caps but this one is a great looking visor cap congrat.

Comment

Oh,no, I've created another Zivilmuetzen addict!
          Carlo, you did good in getting this one--the 2nd style red-tops are much harder to find than the M-35 versions. This baby will also stand out amongst that sea of Feldgrau in your collection--it's the first hat that everyone seems to notice in my collection!
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Woww.. Very impressive cap...
            It seems to be a pre 1941 cap with post 1941 upgrade (Bevo insignia). Difficult to say when this "upgrade" was done
            This cap still has his pre 1941 eagle.
            I own and seen several reichsbahn caps of this maker but never with this sort of sweatband and stitching used by this maker! Is there any trace of restiching ? Have anyone opinion about this sweatband and stitching used by this maker ?

Realy beautiful looking cap !

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by wvdparis2 View Post
              Woww.. Very impressive cap...
              It seems to be a pre 1941 cap with post 1941 upgrade (Bevo insignia). Difficult to say when this "upgrade" was done
              This cap still has his pre 1941 eagle.
              I own and seen several reichsbahn caps of this maker but never with this sort of sweatband and stitching used by this maker! Is there any trace of restiching ? Have anyone opinion about this sweatband and stitching used by this maker ?

Realy beautiful looking cap !

Michael
              Hi Michael,I'm glad you like it.
              I don't know anything on reichsbahn hat but I know Clemens Wagner hat,the sweatband and this stitching and the way to fix it to the hat is a classic on the best product of CW.In the top class of this factory you see the sewn like this VVVVVVV and the oilcloth between the pastboard and sweatband.
              You can see this in the post 14 and 15,the sewn is period original,for sure.
              The visor is cardboard and is a classic for the late war visors,all the hat you posted have the vulcanfiber.
              You say that the red top wasn't used any more after 41'?Is it correct?

Congratulation for your website ,is great

Waiting for your explanation
              All the best
              Carlo

Comment

Carlo,
                I never said, the red cap wasn't used after 1941 !
                In fact in most case you can say :
                - Small eagle and roudel --> pre 1941
                - Big eagle and Flying weel --> post 1941
                Il fact, the 1941 and after 1941 reg never said the red cap schould follow the change of insignia and in many case Aufsichtbeamte were using their pre 41 caps...
                Red caps with post 41 insignia were maid, I had (and sold) some and owns some pics. I most case with metal insignia, some with the flying weel band.

About your cap. As told never seen a Clemens WAGNER Reichsbahn cap with this stiching and didn't notice the late war Visor . I focussed on the pre 41 eagle and the hand stiched insignia but it is probably a late war visor cap.
                I don't have the cap in my hand but you seems convinced the flying weel was here for ever. It's ever difficult to say (some are doing very good job ). It is possible is was done by the manufaturer or the owner. I have an non regulation Pre 41 High quality Peküro bue cap with blue bottom piping and a Bevo flying weel sewn like this by the owner. (cap comes from the family with the wole uniform !)

Your cap is then :
                - A late war red cap
                - An exception to the complete beVo band use ?
                - 2 of the aditionnal hole are maybee for the big post 41 eagle ????

hope it's heps...

As told a very beautifall Red cap

Michael

Comment

Thanks Michael for your explanation,I misuderstood ,so the red hat was used untill the end of the war.It is for what?For station master or train guard?
                  Cheers
                  Carlo

Comment

Carlo,

Great Hat!

Best regards,
                    RonR

Comment

Thanks Ron,I'm glad you appreciate,but also your's is very nice
                      Cheers
                      Carlo

Comment

Thanks Carlo, especially for the many pictures! That´s wonderful for reference.

Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X