Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRK cap

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=254686

cap open for discusion as requested by the seller,looking for opinions please thanks.
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

DRK cap with issues (I believe) on estand

In comparison with the e-stand DRK side cap with questionable insignia, here are the 2 recognized DRK hat ovals (right 1st pattern front mounted, left 2nd pattern side mounted, both executed in the standard BeVo weave. Your felt like embroidered version is in my eyes a very poor attempt to copy the BeVo 2nd pattern DRK oval... On top of that its not even done a true oval shape... (and as far as I know these only came in BeVo you see...)

To strengthen my case your embroidered version is not even listed at all in Angolia's DRK book...(reference p.252) Not a good sign I think...sorry! The cap cockade (roundel) also appears to be made in a similar questionable felt like material with a bullseye emboidered directly on it!
    DRK cockades were either embroidered round shape (like LW) or BeVo woven square style (like WH). Yours is a mix of the 2 made with incorrect materials
    I am not saying that because something is not referenced in a book that its automatically not OK, but in this case unfortunately I have strong feelings...
    I hope I'm wrong and perhaps somebody else will have faith in it... but for that kind of money I would want this style verified and I also want to learn in the event it prooves to be a ligit style... (felt like DRK oval) for me unknown and questionable...
    Thanks and good luck!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 11-25-2007, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Nick, those are nice caps you've illustrated as examples. I don't collect cloth caps anymore. I still have them though. That front mounted 1st pattern must be a tough one to find indeed. The only pattern DRK caps I ever found in Germany many years ago were of the side mounted, or so called 2nd type.

Have never seen anything like the insignia, or markings to the inside liner before shown on the DRK cap for sale. Will be interesting to read other opinions on it.

Comment

surely they aren't faking these....?

Comment

Originally posted by John Huff View Post
          surely they aren't faking these....?
          You would be surprized! They repro DRK belt buckles... helmet decals etc...
          Here are some unquestionable examples all with correct BeVo ovals!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 11-25-2007, 12:55 AM.

Comment

another

This one is "transitional"... as it has 1st model and 2nd model traits
            Attached Files

Comment

M43 Drk

Here's a cool 1944 dated M43 DRK cap. The cockade is not standard on M43's but looks cool!!!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 11-25-2007, 01:00 AM.

Comment

and finally my DRK visor

and finally my DRK visor, enlisted style with officer's quality wool body!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

The cap on the e-stand:

Not for my collection.

Comment

Yep you guys were right! Here is some photos under a black light, it also failed the burn test.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Now they are faking DRK overseas caps?! Talk about a limited market...
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                          Now they are faking DRK overseas caps?! Talk about a limited market...
                          You'll be surprized! I just stumbled on this site today! Crazy!!

http://www.the-bunker.com/german/headgear_3.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X