Zeppelin Reederei Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zeppelin Reederei Visor

I have always considered this to be a "holy grail" of civil visors. It is currently for sale on Hueskens site (along with that SSTK uniform, so who knows):
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Obviously, if one has the correct insignia (which I have seen go for $2500 alone), the hat can be easily faked. This insignia looks good:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is supposed to be the original owner wearing the hat, but he has gold buttons on his:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Tunic--this guy was probably a steward:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Zeppelin Visor

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          I have always considered this to be a "holy grail" of civil visors. It is currently for sale on Hueskens site (along with that SSTK uniform, so who knows):
          Hello,
          I agree and I would love to own one of those myself. IMO, you can't beat Zeppelin stuff. It would nice alongside my Zeppelin letter, maybe if I win the lottery.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Hi Jody! Here is a Zeppelin insignia that sold on Bruce Herman's site for $1,995. If anyone else has any Zeppelin-related uniforms/insignia/headgear, please post here!
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Compare the sleeve vs waist length and the angle of the lapels on those two tunic pics. IMO it's not the same tunic.

Comment

zeppelin

Here's my little contribution! Nick
                Attached Files

Comment

I mentioned this Zeppelin group in an SS thread (SS KL Uniform) I started a couple of days ago. There is a close up portrait of the supposed owner in a Zeppelin thread on WAF....search Zeppelin visor. The chinstrap buttons are indeed brass in the photo and the peak is patent leather or laquered. Judging by the massive amount of fakes on Andre's site, I'd avoid this cap like the plague. The cap has been on his site for a few years now...

-Mark

here's the link to the WAF photo

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...zeppelin+visor
                  Last edited by aardvark; 09-17-2007, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I've looked at that visor a number of times and think the wreath/emblem is good and the body is not. The cap is too mint and as we can see from the period photos, not the same cap (another point...the photo shows a patent chinstrap..the visor has a textured strap). IMO this is probably the most expensive Zeppelin emblem in history at 12K.
                    Last edited by aardvark; 09-18-2007, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Off topic slightly, but there was an interesting documentary last night on the Hindenburg, was quite well done, on channel 4 i think!

Nice stuff!

Comment

These were on ebay last week ,not much interest in the thread .Rob

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=241081
                        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Very cool cigarette case...I wonder if Marlboros would fit? Did you bid on it? Looks good to me. They may be from a gift shop but also possibly for employees or who knows.

-Mark

Comment

Nice Visor Cap wreath/badge on the e-stand right now:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Reverse:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X