Opinion's on this KM Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion's on this KM Visor

I would appreciate everyon'e opinions on this Kriegsmarine Visor. Please let me know if additional pictures are needed. Thanks.

Mark
    Attached Files

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3 The sweatband is gray in color.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MLH13; 09-04-2007, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

Pic 6
            Attached Files

Comment

Pic 7
              Attached Files

Comment

Pic 8
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow...this is a tough one. It's a very fresh looking visor. Are the oak leaves celleon? The grey sweatband is something not readily seen. If it had a more elegant chinstrap, such as a few I've encountered, I'd be really in love with it. But that's a minor thing...I still like it alot. Unusual, mint and a great shape. I think it's a good one, though I'd like to hear more opinions.

-Mark

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Mark. Yes, the oak leaves are a celleon material but the wreath and eagle are bullion.

Mark

Originally posted by aardvark View Post
                    Wow...this is a tough one. It's a very fresh looking visor. Are the oak leaves celleon? The grey sweatband is something not readily seen. If it had a more elegant chinstrap, such as a few I've encountered, I'd be really in love with it. But that's a minor thing...I still like it alot. Unusual, mint and a great shape. I think it's a good one, though I'd like to hear more opinions.

-Mark

Comment

I agree a bit different but no red flags that I can see.

Comment

ok Mark I'll take it! Do you take Diner's Club? Usually I don't like the shape of company grade caps, many I've seen have a very dumpy appearance. Your cap is very nicely shaped and the wreath is the very tight version I like. So often elements look disproportional on KM caps...and being the typical guy, I'm all about appearance...yours is a real looker.

-Mark

Comment

Very nice cap, with typical OKK Wilhemshaven finished. Congratulations .
                          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you all very much for your comments. I too believe this cap is an outstanding original. It is truly perfect in every way and as Mark said, a "real looker". I was going to sell it privately but the buyer was concerned it was possibly a fake so; I posted it here to get confirmation that it is a pre 45 original.

I really hate to part with this cap but as I said before, I have to narrow my field of collecting so my KM items have to go. I'll be posting the cap for sale in the proper forum.

Thanks again for everyone's help. All of you make the WAF truly the best on Earth!

Mark

Comment

This looks quite nice at first glance, but almost too fresh. If the wreath and eagle are in fact bullion, one would expect some toning over 60 years under ANY storage conditions, with evident contrast to the celleon visor braid. Perhaps it has been cleaned. In any event, these insignia are too well matched for me given their disparate materials. It may well be period, but it has no sense of age; I would pass, personally. If in fact all insignia are celleon (a rare thing in this rank), it would make more sense.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X