DRK headgear examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRK headgear examples

Here are some DRK caps I own. Let's start with an early 1st pattern DRK overseas cap with 1st pattern eagle applied on the front. Note greyish-white DRK soutache! You don't see these very often! Nick
    Attached Files

transitional

Here's a 1st pattern DRK overseas cap, but lacking the upper cap soutache...instead it has the cockade and 2nd pattern eagle applied, so its a transitional type... (2nd pattern insignia on 1st pattern cap!) Nick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 07-24-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Drk M43

Here's a DRK single button M43 cap with metal cap devise as usually found on the visor cap. Its 1944 dated but surprizingly it does not have an RBN number, instead its stamped "Uniformmützenfabrik Wilhelm Wethekam Dresden 21", a well known manafacturer of early panzer berets.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 07-24-2007, 12:34 AM.

Comment

side view

Side view, which shows the cloth cap badge (unofficially added... as it belongs on the side of the overseas caps or on the crown for M43's...) JUST MAKING SURE WE'RE NEUTRAL NON-COMBATANTS!!
        Metal DRK cap eagles (as shown) and cloth ones were worn on M43 crowns, usually without cap cockard.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 07-24-2007, 04:39 PM.

Comment

visor

Here's a standard enlisted DRK visor. Same metal eagle device as on the M43! The cap has an official DRK pattern wreath, which is fuller in appearance. Often you see DRK visors with a standard (Army style) wreaths mounted. Note cap material, I believe its called "camel hair" type? A hairy hat!! Nick
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 07-24-2007, 12:17 AM.

Comment

liner

Here's a liner shot
            Attached Files

Comment

DRK Ostfront

Here's a neat picture of 3 DRK officers on the Eastern front in rabbit jackets wearing single button M43 DRK caps. If you look closely you can see the DRK oval cloth cap badge. Sorry about the flash and the quality...its a picture of a picture... rare image still worth sharing I think! I will try to replace it with a better picture later!
              Nick
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 07-24-2007, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Nice caps Nick. I have an officer's visor but have wondered what a General's might look like. Would you know? Rick C.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixpwb View Post
                  Nice caps Nick. I have an officer's visor but have wondered what a General's might look like. Would you know? Rick C.
                  I've seen one on the internet a while back. Can't comment if it was a good one but basically all the insignia, chin strap and piping would be in gold rather than
                  silver for DRK leaders with rank equivalent to a General.
                  I am still looking for an officer's DRK visor, as I have a uniform for it!
                  Thanks for the thumbs up. Certainly something different, sometimes all that feldgrau gets a little too boring! Nick

Comment

Nick--glad to see that Ron R, Pete and myself arent the only DRK headgear collectors--nice stuff!
                    I am still for not buying the DRK Officers Schiffchen and the mint DRK helmet that were on the e-stand a while back.

Anyway, there is a DRK Generals on Relics of the Reich for about $2000, but I believe this to be the first style. I should be receiving a DRK Generals for inspection within the next month. It has gold cords and piping, but the wreath is silver (period pics reflect both). If the owner gives me permission, I will post pics of it for reference.

I have an Officers and NCO that I will post in the near future.

Shea has a real nice officer's in near-mint condition right now on his site.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I was able to pick up General's tabs from Diane & a single General's board from Gerard (still looking for a second) but I would really like to find the visor. There's been reviews of Kent's visor that scared me off or I would've grabbed it. Would very much like to see the one you'll be looking at so as to review the nuances.

Great caps!

Comment

Thanks for the thumbs up guys! I just checked Kent's General's DRK cap (all gold, so a later style following the Heer General's cap rules). Was looking at it more out of curiosity as it's way out of my league... the asking price. Nice early type cap eagle, but I also agree that its strange... the cap band appears to be in the same material as the cap, instead of mouse grey...or our my eyes playing games on me? I do have an eye doctor's appointment this PM! Nick
                        Last edited by NickG; 07-26-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I will add a picture of the rest, (DRK outfits) as I don't limit my collecting to just headgear! Nick
                          Last edited by NickG; 07-24-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

My contribution to this thread is not quite correct in that I have officer visor and trousers with enlisted tunic. But hey its all the DRK I have.
                            Attached Files

Comment

2 patch
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X