Another odd visor maker.......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another odd visor maker.......?

I am sure i have seen this maker on the forum somewhere but i cannot find it now..........
    It looks to me as if the diamond has shrunk, you can see where it has pulled the liner material. I don't think celuloid shrinks, but i know plastic does. So i guess this must be a plastic sweatshield, which makes this a post war/repro cap, which is a shame as it looks quite good.........
    Any opinions are welcome......
    Steve.
    Attached Files

looks plastic to me and i bet bet someone put a light bulb to it to make it look old, but oops this happened.

Comment

Looks more like the cloth behind the shield is distorted from possible wear/weather/rather than the shield itself to me..Billbert

Comment

I would not discount this lid yet. I can’t explain the shield thing but that lining does not look like post war or repro. The materials used during the period are pretty distinctive and I have yet to see a convincing repro. Can we see more pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
          looks plastic to me and i bet bet someone put a light bulb to it to make it look old, but oops this happened.
          there was a test for this mentioned in detail on the forum a week or two ago, but please don't ask me what it is as I am still smarting

As Nick said, please can we see the rest of the cap.. thanks JT

Comment

Hey Steve, looks promising, more pics please fella!

Comment

Extra shots........
              Attached Files

Comment

I have just seen that 'nonameno' is going for this one so i will leave it and wait for another to come around.....

Steve.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X