No announcement yet.

Late Heer M43 Cap Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone out there has a large size WH 44 or 45 dated m43 cap with upgraded officers crown piping with B II 44 or B II 45 stamp..Billbert

Comment

I'm with Mr. Huff on this one. I've seen those stamps on reissued tunics, never see them in an M43 hat. Not crazy about the lining or the stitching either.
      HC

Comment

B 44 II

Means that the cap have gone through the Berlin cloth depot in 1944 and at that time of reissue it was in condition II hence fit for reissue.

Lasse

Comment

According to Angolia / Schlicht:
          Clothing articles were evaluated yearly and classified into grades or "Garnituren". Grade I was new or nearly new (parade dress), and down to grade IV which was suitable for drill duty.
          Here we have a 65 year old hat that looks pretty pristine from the photos for it's "age", and yet its a grade II. I may be getting paranoid in my old age but has anyone else got an M43 with a grade stamp?

Wouldn't the trap identify this as of late 1944 vintage? Would it even see a "yearly inspection" after manufacture? Would the Germans still be bothering with this system?

Comment

FYI. The hat does show a fair amount of age/wear/use, nap wear and a hole in the liner. The pictures do not show any of this though. The pictures are very deceiving.

Interesting information overall though. thanks to all that responded.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X