Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are the visor experts on another forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the thread on the dagger forum. In the latest post some guy has a problem with posting the pics here. WHY? It's not his topic. Seems to me noone there had any real opinions. Good thing you've come here John.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
      Oh what the hay, I will throw two more out. Look at the rear seam how it is sewn at an angle. Now the sweatband. Has anyone ever seen a gray sweatband in a cap with a tan visor and lining? Ever?
      Yes Nick - but not any I would care to own.

Sorry John, but this whole cap is out of alignment from where I sit - front seam, rear seam, sweatshield. Add in the mismatched interior and I agree it looks like a Dr. F.

I own one of those mass produced (and cheaply made) SS officer's visors that have no sweatshield. It looks like it came from Holters or Erel when compared to this cap.

Comment

IMHO the cap is put together. A great sign of that is the interior shots you just posted. The pleats have been re-pressed or steamed. You can still see some of the outlines where the old creases once were. The pressed edges do not look natural. I can only see the rear in post #6 but it looks like this lining was a bit too big for the cap. It all seems to be bunched up in that area. As for the gentleman that does not like us posting pics from what I guess he considers “his” forum. Well let’s just say he had a visor posted here before that had some issues. He didn’t take too kindly to the post. Most of the very good collectors especially the ones that I consider some of the best have long left that forum. There is not much left in the uniform and visors area. I was kind of hoping you would see this post. I don’t post there but I would hate to see a fellow collector lose any money. Some of the sheep over there would like a Janke if you posted it. If you did not buy it yet, don't. If you can return it, do so. That is my honest opinion.

Comment

I like visual aids, it makes it much easier. Look where the shield sits in comparison to the dead center of the visor.
          Attached Files

Comment

I concur 100% with Nick--it is a "one-looker" Franky. It also appears to have extra stitch holes in the lining. Not one of Dr. Frankenstein's better efforts.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X